Hostage

You still couldn't believe it. A few days ago, you and your older sister, Rapunzel, found a message from Varian to retrieve a GRAPHC and hide it from those who tries to steal it from him. Then you both realized that your father, the king, not only lied to your faces about removing the black rocks in Old Corona but is also the one who sent his men to take the GRAPHC from the two of you and your friends. You and Rapunzel confronted him at the palace and left the throne room with a strain in the father-daughters relationship.

But that's not the worse part. You two soon met up with Varian, who told you both about how the Sun Drop flower is the only thing that can fight against the black rocks and that your father still has it locked up in the royal vault. Knowing that the king won't just hand over the flower, the three of you (five if you count Pascal and Ruddiger) figured that the best thing to do is to steal it. When everyone made to the vault, however, Varian revealed his true intentions to you and Rapunzel before escaping with the flower.

Everyone was shocked by Varian's betrayal but no one was as shocked and heartbroken as you. You had a huge crush on him ever since you two meet as little children and everybody knew it. Everybody except maybe Varian. Of course, some of the Coronians thought that it's just a phase you're going through. But seeing Rapunzel, the princess, and Eugene, a former thief, together gave you hope that someday, it will be the same with you and Varian. But after that day, it seems like it will never happen. To make matters worse, your father also knew of your crush on him and fears that Varian will take advantage of you. So he had you locked up in your room, saying it's for your own protection.

Now here you are, looking out of the barred window of your bedroom. You heard that your dad had locked Rapunzel up as well because she was attacked by an automaton everyone figured was sent by Varian. But you knew that won't stop your sister. You received a note from Pascal, written by Rapunzel, saying that she'll come free you as soon as Eugene and the others helped her out. However, as soon as Rapunzel was freed, a purple fog surrounds the kingdom and then some kind of monster ran in and attacked. You watched the attack from the window, feeling more depressed from knowing that it was all Varian's doing.

As you continue to watch, your mind drifted back to the day Varian stole the Sun Drop flower. Rapunzel pleaded with him to return the flower and promised that she'll help him figure out how to free his dad and stopped the rocks. Varian appears to consider her words until he heard the doors rattle.

"Sorry, princess, but I know firsthand how well you keep promises," he said coldly. He turned his head toward the doors, which burst open to let Eugene, Cassandra, and the guards in. "There he is!" shouted Eugene, "Get him!" Varian turn back to Rapunzel, giving her a quick glare, and then toke a quick look at you before using a smoke bomb he made to escape. The look he gave you at that moment... you could've sworn that it was a look of guilt and regret.

As your mind returned to the present, you wondered if Varian really was sorry. You were so lost in thought, you didn't hear the lock clicked and the door open. A dark and mysterious figure entered and approached you. It wasn't until you heard a scary and familiar voice spoke up from behind you that you snap out of your thoughts.

"Hello, (Y/n)."

You gasped and turned to see a figure with a dark long coat and a gray headwear that made their eyes appear to be glowing. Before you had time to react, they blow a green powder on your face. "Sleep," said the figure. You coughed before you start to feel sleepy. Everything soon fade to black.

You groaned as you woke up. Your vision was blurry for a moment so you couldn't tell where you are. You slowly got up from the floor and rubbed your eyes with your hands. It cleared your sight enough to see that you were handcuffed by the wrists. You looked around and realized that you're in a familiar laboratory. You also saw that you're sitting in front of a man, frozen in amber, Quirin.