Cold Feet

You adjusted your train and twirl around in your dress. Today is the big day, the biggest and most important day of your life: your wedding day. You couldn't help but smile at the thought of getting married to the man you love above everything on earth.

"Oh, (Y/n), you look beautiful," you heard Rapunzel said behind you. Pascal squeaked in agreement. "Thank you," you said. You noticed Cassandra standing some feet away, looking a little uneasy. You turned to her and asked, "Is there something wrong with the dress?" Cassandra shook her head and said, "No, it's just... After everything that has happened, I still couldn't believe we're here." You smiled and said, "I know exactly what you mean."

Just then, you three heard a knock on the door. Rapunzel opened it and your parents entered the room. "Oh, (Y/n), you look gorgeous," said your mother. "Yes, indeed you are," said your father, "My little girl, all grown up." You smiled and hugged them both. Your father cleared his throat and said, "But just remember that even though I'm about to give you away, I'll always be there for you."

"I know dad," you said, "And you're sure you're alright with me marrying the man who once attacked Corona?"

"Well," he said, "We might not approve of him one hundred percent but..."

"But he did make an effort to redeem himself over the past several years," your mother added, "Like helping Rapunzel defeat an evil warlock, who tried to take over the world."

"And he help improve the lives of everyone in Corona," added Rapunzel.

"Besides, if you're happy, we're happy," said your mother.

Soon, there came another knock on the door. Rapunzel opened it to see Eugene and Lance. "Eugene?" Rapunzel asked, "What is it? And where are the kids?" She's referring to her and Eugene's twin children. "Don't worry, they're with your parents," said Eugene, "But that's not why we're here."

"We need you and Cass to come with us," said Lance anxiously.

"What is it?" asked Cassandra.

"It's Varian, he's getting..." Lance looked around as if to see if anybody else's listening before finishing his sentence, "Cold feet."

Rapunzel and Cassandra gasped. "Oh no he's not!" exclaimed Cassandra. "What was that?" they heard you asked. You weren't playing attention to what they're saying until you heard your friends gasped. "Nothing! We're, uh, gonna go check on the groom," said Rapunzel nervously, "See you at the altar!" She and Cass quickly left the room and close the door.

Rapunzel, Cassandra, Eugene, and Lance ran off toward Varian's room. "How bad is it?" asked Rapunzel. "Very bad," answered Eugene, "his feet are as cold as ice!"

"He better not bail out of this, this was all his idea." said Cassandra. "Remind me again why you're the maid of honor?" asked Lance. "I was the only one who volunteered," replied Cassandra.

Rapunzel knocked at the door to the groom's room but nobody answered. The door was unlocked so they let themselves in. The room has everything a groom needed but Varian was nowhere to be seen. The only living thing they saw was Ruddiger, who was laying on the bed and looking at them with confusion.

"What? But he was just here a minute ago," said Lance.

They searched around the room for him. "Varian? Varian?" called Rapunzel. "Varian, get your rump out here!" shouted Cassandra, "You're getting married in thirty minutes!"

Eugene stopped at one spot when he noticed something. He gestured the others to come closer and pointed to a pair of feet below a curtain by the window. Cassandra walked toward the curtain and yank it to the side. It was Varian.