-i.

i stepped foot in my school with a sigh. it was an extremely hot summer day, almost 100 degrees.

"you look like a pig."

ah, my best friend, hyunjae.

"could say the same about you," i replied with a smile.

i wiped the sweat off my face and ran my hand through my hair. i took a look in the small mirror in my locker. hyunjae was indeed correct, i did look like a pig.

"if this school don't get enough money to afford proper air conditioning soon i will never come back," i complained as i kept trying to make myself look better.

"same," hyunjae said. literally no one could disagree, one classroom was freezing cold and the next would be as hot as it was outside. the hallways were swarmed with fans that didn't really make much of a difference for anyone, except for the kids who hoarded them and sat right in front of them.

"let's get to class," hyunjae said and covered my mirror so i couldn't use it anymore. i shoved her hand out of the way and shut my locker, yet again wiping my sweat.

we walked into chemistry and parted ways, sitting in our assigned tables. i sat by the annoying girls who were in choir who sang in cursive during class.

"okay class hush up, we're doing a group project and i'm choosing the groups."

hyunjae and i looked at each other and rolled our eyes while the class groaned.

i didn't pay attention until my name was called.

"haewon and minhyuk..."

i looked towards the back of the room and saw blonde haired minhyuk, an enthusiastic boy with a booming personality. he did seem tired all the time, though.

everyone shuffled to their partners. minhyuk tapped his pencil on the table, seeming nervous.

i sat my books on the table and was about to talk to minhyuk, but the teacher interrupted.

"okay, here's what you're going to be doing.."

she lost me at the very beginning. i got distracted by everything, minhyuk tapping his pencil on the table, peoples shoes hitting the ground, literally everything was more interesting then what she was saying.

"...okay! get started, good luck!"

minhyuk immediately turned pages in his chemistry book. i awkwardly looked around, catching my brother, hyungwon, staring at minhyuk and i.

"stop," i mouthed to him. he glared one last time before turning around to his partner, which happened to be hyunjae. she had the biggest crush on him.

i felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around. "do you know what you're doing?" he asked.

"uh, no. sorry."

"it's okay, i'll tell you."

i didn't expect him to have that reaction. how sweet.

he started to explain what we were going to be doing, and this time i actually listened.

"that's it," he said when he was finished explaining. he went back to his textbook and i was about to open mine, but the bell obnoxiously rang for the next class.

"shit, sorry. i'll actually work tomorrow, since i actually know what i'm doing this time," i said with a small laugh.

"sounds good," he replied and smiled.

i gathered my books. i wanted to ask him if he wanted to walk to my locker or something, but i felt hyungwon grab my arm and drag me out of the classroom.

"is there a problem?" i asked after he dragged me to his locker.

"just don't become too close to minhyuk."