-v.

"i'm going out with a friend, mom!" i shouted and scrambled down the stairs.

"she means a boy, mom," hyungwon said from the couch.

"does mom know what you and hyunjae did when you went to her house and studied?" i said, louder than usual so our mom could hear.

"go ahead and go, haewon. hyungwon and i will talk later," my mom said and glared at hyungwon.

i waved hyungwon a sarcastic goodbye and skipped out the door.

"sorry that took so long, my family was attacking me," i explained to minhyuk and shut the door to his car.

"what for?" he asked.

"for going out with a boy," i said and rolled my eyes.

"hm, am i a bad influence or something?"

"i don't know if you've realized this, but you are the complete opposite of a bad influence, minhyuk."

he giggled. "i guess i am pretty.. optimistic. anyways, what would you like to eat?"

i told minhyuk one of my favorite restaurants, one by the beach.

"dude that place slaps!" minhyuk exclaimed.

"i agree. now, how do i work your radio?"

i started getting impatient so i started pressing every button. unfortunately, minhyuk shooed my hand away.

"you're gonna make my car break down. reach in the backseat and get the black cd."

i did what minhyuk told me and searched for a black cd. i noticed a car seat behind my seat, and started to get curious. i focused back on finding the cd.

"here ya are," i said and handed minhyuk the cd case.

"now this the definition of good music." he slid the cd in the player and turned the volume up to 50.

"don't you think that's a little lou-" i was interrupted by music blasting through the speakers in the car. i jumped in shock, then looked to minhyuk to see him singing the music. i smiled.

i was just getting into it when minhyuk turned it down and parked his car.

"let's go!" he shouted.

i quickly got out of his car and ran up to him.

"can we sit outside by the beach?" i asked.

"we most definitely can."

the waiter lead minhyuk and i to a table outside.

"enjoy," the waiter said and sat down our menus.

"so, haewon. tell me about yourself," minhyuk said.

i laughed and started telling minhyuk a few facts about myself, but ended up getting too into it. basically, i ended up telling him my whole life story, growing up to now.

"i wasn't expecting a whole life story, but thanks," he said and smiled at me.

"oh, it's no problem. now, tell me about yourself, lee minhyuk."

he started telling his life story, in the middle of it our food came but he kept talking. the most interesting part was when he got to his high school years.

"when we were freshman's, i had the biggest crush on this girl, and we ended up dating in sophomore year. let's just say that things started to go downhill and she left after a while, i haven't seen her since. but i'm sort of glad about it."

i wanted to ask him about the car seat in his car, but i didn't want to ruin the moment.

"anyways, are you finished?" he asked and seemed to shake himself out of his trance.

"yeah i'm done. the ice cream place is just next door."

minhyuk nodded and laid a fifty on the table.

"wow, what a rich boy you are," i said.

"very rich indeed. so rich that i can buy you ice cream. what would you like?"

"chocolate shake."

"noted, be right back." he handed me the keys to his car, so i could sit and wait.

i started to get nosy and looked around the back of minhyuk's car. i saw a few stuffed animals and a small coloring book on the floor. i was going to search more, but when i peeked behind me i saw minhyuk coming to the car. i noticed he had 3 milkshakes.

"who's the third one for?" i asked, curiosity taking over.

"oh, don't worry about it." he gave me a quick smile and handed me my milkshake. he seemed stressed, and i wanted to know why. i already had an idea.

"thank you."

"no problem, i have towels in the trunk if you wanna sit on them on the beach."

i hopped out of the car and helped minhyuk carry the towels to the beach.

"thank you for this," i said when we got settled.

"anything for you, haewon."

i laughed a little. inside, i was thinking about asking why he had a car seat. well, it's now or never.

"minhyuk, why do you have a car seat?"

chemistry ≫ l.mhजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें