-xii.

yo guys, i've realized that i've made a mistake. ji hae is three, but minhyuk and his ex girlfriend only dated in freshman year and there's no way she can be three. i'm also pretty sure i messed up the high school years. but i'm not gonna change it now, so sorry about that i'm super super dumb. there's more mistakes but oh well ig. pls just go along with it and bare with me. thanks!

"haewon wake up, we have to go to school," minhyuk said as he shook me awake.

i groaned and sat up. i had a really uncomfortable sleep, shifting every five seconds it felt like.

"didn't my alarm go off?" i asked.

"i wasn't here to hear it, i was taking ji hae to my moms house. you still have enough time to get ready, though," he told me.

i nodded and got up, heading to the bathroom. i couldn't brush my teeth which is quite disgusting, so i used mouthwash instead. i fixed my hair and splashed my face with water, trying to wake myself up and look less tired.

"here's a granola bar, we might as well get to school early. if you're ready," he said and tossed me a granola bar. i straightened myself up a little more, walking outside with minhyuk and into his car.

we were silent some of the way, and when i looked at minhyuk the first thing i noticed was his nose, all bruised. i didn't say anything about it, he seemed to be in a bad mood anyways because he wasn't talking or in his usual giddy mood.

when we arrived at school, i grabbed my stuff and followed minhyuk, walking slowly.

"i'm gonna go to my locker, i'll meet you in chemistry."

minhyuk and i parted ways and i went to my locker. i saw hyunjae and hyungwon, so i waved at hyunjae to come to my locker, but she only gave me a dirty look and passed me by. hyungwon didn't even spare a passing glance.

oh great, my best friend hates me now! i thought to myself. i put it aside for now and gathered my stuff for chemistry.

i walked to chemistry with my head down, not paying attention due to being so tired. this resulted in me running into hyunjae, to which she pushed my shoulder to get me out of her way. i wanted to beat her up right then and there, but i resisted and went to sit by minhyuk.

"what's up with hyunjae?" he asked.

"she's dating hyungwon, and i think that explains it," i said and put my head down.

"well, let's focus on getting a good grade on this for now," he said.

———

minhyuk's pov;

i walked through the halls and made my way to the bathroom, when i walked in i saw hyungwon and hyunjae doing something that shouldn't happen in a school setting.

i was about to leave but hyunjae saw me, and alerted hyungwon. he turned around, making me turn around as well. but before i could leave, he grabbed my wrist and turned me around.

"you tell anyone about this and i'll pull up at your apartment again and do a lot worse then just punch your pretty little nose," he said. i thought he would let me go, but i obviously thought wrong. he punched me in the jaw, making me go backwards and run into the wall.

i tried to escape but hyungwon put his arms in on both sides of me.

"sorry, but we aren't done yet."

haewon's pov;

i waited for minhyuk at his locker so we could go to his apartment, but he didn't show up. so i went to the bathrooms to see if he was in there.

when i got to the bathrooms, i heard hyungwon's voice and hyunjae's too. oh, great.

i peeked into the boys bathroom and saw minhyuk on the floor, bruised and bloodied. i saw hyungwon continuously beating him and hyunjae cheering him on.

"hyungwon!" i shouted and entered the bathroom.

"seems your girlfriend's finally arrived," hyungwon said and lifted minhyuk up from his collar. he pushed him towards me.

"you're crazy, hyungwon," i said and held minhyuk.

"says the one who's dating lee minhyuk," he replied, saying minhyuk's name in a disgusted tone.

i locked eyes with hyunjae, who wore an evil smile. "sorry, haewon," she said sarcastically and laughed.

i sighed and put minhyuk's arm around my shoulder, leading us out. i kept his arm around me until we got into his car.

i put him in the passenger seat and i got into the drivers. i turned the key and turned on the air conditioning. i leaned back in my seat, thinking about hyungwon, hyunjae, minhyuk.

i leaned forward and repeatedly hit my head against the steering wheel in frustration and stress. i couldn't let this continue.