-ii.

"i sense some chemistry going on between you and minhyuk," hyunjae said and laughed. "see what i did there. since we have chemistry with him."

i laughed a little. "how's you an hyungwon?"

"oh, fabulous. he's so smart i can't even believe it. and when he has those glasses on don't even get me started-"

"okay, okay," i said to calm her excitement. "you should make a move already. it's worth a shot."

"there he is! gotta blast!" before i knew it hyunjae was standing beside hyungwon, completely drooling over him. i laughed at her actions and walked into chemistry.

"class! we have two more days to complete this project. get to work!" the teacher shouted. i started to panic.

"minhyuk?" i said.

"yeah?"

"since we only have two days left, do you wanna come to my house tonight so we can get ahead?"

i started at minhyuk, waiting for him to answer. slowly, his cheeks started to change to a faint red.

"yeah, yeah. that's a good idea." he smiled at me. he had such a bright, cheery smile. i loved it.

"do you know why hyungwon keeps staring over here?" he asked after a while.

i remembered what hyungwon said yesterday. my heart sank. "no, i'll ask him though." i wasn't really lying, i didn't know why hyungwon didn't have a liking for minhyuk.

minhyuk went back to work. i was surprised he wasn't talking much, from what i heard he always had something to talk about.

i sighed and looked to hyungwon, who as i expected, was staring. i rolled my eyes and went back to reading my textbook.

———

"haewon!" i turned my head and saw minhyuk coming my way. he wore his bright and cheery smile.

"how far away do you live? i don't know if i can make it in this heat or not," he said when he stopped at my locker.

"not too far."

we started walking through the hallways, minhyuk occasionally stopping and putting his face close to the fan. his hair blew everywhere and was a mess every time he did it. he laughed and smiled at the fun he was having. it was as if he was three years old.

"haewon?"

i turned behind me to see hyungwon rushing towards minhyuk and i. here we go again.

"where are you two headed?" he asked.

"home. we're gonna work on our project for chemistry. now, if you don't mind, we'll be on our way."

"well, haewon, if you don't mind, i think i'll join you in this walk home."

"i know that i wanna punch you in the nose."

"coward."

i didn't want to argue with him anymore, so i grabbed minhyuk's hand and dragged him away from hyungwon, who was fuming.

———

before i knew it, it was 10 pm and minhyuk and i were still working. i figured that hyungwon went home with hyunjae, since i never heard him actually come home.

"i'm really boutta give up," i said and threw myself on my bed and under the covers.

i waited for a response from minhyuk and didn't get one. i looked on the floor to see minhyuk's head in his crossed arms, deeply asleep. it wasn't too late, i figured he would still be awake. i let it slide and smiled a little, then went back to working.