# 7

"Clary's gone..."

Rose and Alec left the institute, in search of Clary.

"What were you doing to not see her leave?" Rose asked.

"Uh.. nothing. " Alec shook his head.

Before she could say anything else, Alec pointed over to where Clary was.

She was standing in front of the art academy.

"Why'd you run out? And what's the point of an invisibility rune if you don't silence your phone? That's childish, sneaking out like that..." Alec started.

Clary ignored him as she finally reached her phone, and answered it.

"Simon. Hey. I know I should have called you right back. I'm really sorry. Are you okay? " She asked.

Rosalie sighed, looking up at the building in front of her.

She was lost in thought, until she heard Alec.

"Mundanes. Look at them. Running around like ants. Let's go."

"Why do you always look so miserable?" Clary asked, making Rose curious on what was about to happen next.

"I dont."

"You do. It must be hard being in love with Jace and he's straight and everything. "

Rosalie's eyes widened slightly at that.

"Excuse me? What?"

"What's the big deal? I was there when that memory came out. Busted, no? "

"We're parabatai. "

"Alev, just say it, you'll feel better. You're in love with Jace."

Rose could see the annoyance on her brothers face, but there was also something else...

"Forget it. You know what? You're in love with Jace. "

"Oh, okay? The middle school comeback? Nice. Alec, we have a real problem to solve, okay? Come with me."

"This better be quick." He said before sharing a look with Rose and starting to walk after Clary.

~~~~
~~~~

"Hey, you. Oh, thanks for being here." Clary said, as they met up with Simon.

"You don't need to do this alone. It's not who we are." He said.

"Hey, dingbat. She isn't alone." Rose said, walking up to the two.

He smiled, before pulling her into a short hug, which to be completely honest,  she didn't mind.

Simon wasn't as bad as she let on, but he was annoying at times.

"How you doing?" She asked.

He nodded slightly.

"I'm okay."

"Are you sure you're feeling up to this?" Clary asked him.

"Yeah, it's just a cold. Not the end of the world. "

"The world's been ending for a thousand years.  Ah, you get used to it. Now, we need to move. " Alec cut in.

"Yeah, my mom's loft is just across the alley." Clary said.

"All right, well, we have to be careful. There are eyes all over the place and everybody in the shadow world's looking for you, and possibly my sister. "

"I mean, I guarantee you, no one's gonna find this shortcut. I used to take it back in middle school to see Clary, and Rosalie. You might know the shadow world, but trust me... I know Brooklyn.  Come on." Simon said, before running and easily jumping over a wall.