#12

Rosalie walked into the main room, shortly before Jace.

"Isabelle, which color do you like better? It's for the curtains adorning the wedding tent." She heard someone say.

Rose walked to one of the computers.

"The cobalt blue. It's elegant, masculine... very Alec." Izzy told her.

"I'll put the cobalt blue out right away." The girl said before walking away.

At that point, Jace walked in.

"How are we supposed to get any work done with all this going on?" He asked walking over to the screen that Rose was at.

"We haven't had a wedding here in years. People are allowed to be excited." Izzy said.

"We need to focus. Have you narrowed down the list of warlocks more powerful than Magnus Bane?"

Izzy pulled up a list.

"I've got it down to 20. But it's gonna be hard to figure out which one cast that spell on Jocelyn." She said.

"I don't care how tough it is, we've gotta find him. Back at Renwicks, I let Valentine go. I won't make that mistake again. We gotta wake up Jocelyn, in case she heard anything about his plan." Jace said.

"Have you spoken to Alec?" She asked.

Before Jace said anything, Rose and him shared a look.

"He's probably busy, what with wedding plans and all. And I don't need to talk to anyone."

At that Izzy just said, with a slight smirk.

"Well, anyone except Rosalie. You talked to her."

"Let's just stick to the mission, okay?" He said, before leaving.

"Really, Izzy?" Rose asked her.

"What? It was the truth, was it not?"

Rosalie shook her head, a small smile on her face.

~~~~
~~~~

Rosalie was sitting at the table with Magnus, in the main room.

The two were talking, and catching up, before Clary and Jace came into the room.

"Morning." Clary said.

"Morning. You just come from training?" Jace asked, sitting in the chair beside Rose, who was sitting on the side of the table.

"Yeah. I'm, uh, workin' on my right hook." Clary said awkwardly.

"Good. That's a good punch." Jace replied in the same awkward way.

Rosalie almost couldn't watch this.

"Yeah. I'm, uh, I'm workin' on it." Clary said.

"While this conversation is no doubt scintillating, remind me why we couldn't do this at my place? At least there we'd have cocktails." Magnus said.

"I'm with you on that one." Rose agreed.

"It's 9:00 in the morning." Clary said.

"Oh, it's happy hour somewhere, my dear." He said again.

"I'll have to take you up on that." Rose just said.

Maybe then she'd be able to forget some things for a bit.

Jace gave her a look, before looking at Magnus.

"We invited you here, Magnus, because Hodge can't leave the Institute. He's an important part of this mission." Jace said.