#9

Rose was at a chair at one of the tables, watching everywhere else but Jace and Clary, as they were talking/looking at the Cup.

The sound of a whip made Rose look up.

"There's nothing a Shadowhunter can't do in heels." Izzy said, giving the Cup back to Clary, who put it away.

"Alec, what are you doing? You can stare at this monitor all you want, they need angle blood to get past the wards. You know that." Jace said as he went over to him.

"No Downworlder can come into the institute." Jace said.

"Not without an invite by a Shadowhunter." Izzy added.

"Last I checked, Valentine is a Shadowhunter. The Cup is not safe here. We have to give it back to the Clave." Alec said.

"Give it back to the Clave? No. Not after everything we went through to get it." Clary said.

"My brother is right." Izzy told her

Rose nodded in agreement, getting a look from Jace, to which, she ignored.

"The Cup is extremely important." Izzy said.

"Are you agreeing with me?" Alec asked.

"I'm full of surprises." She said.

"The Cup is the one chance I have at getting my mom back." Clary said.

"I agree with Clary." Jace started.

Rose rolled her eyes.

"Of course you do..." Rose mumbled to herself.

"We can't give the Cup to the Clave, not now. We need it. It's our only bargaining chip."

"Look, I know how powerful this Cup is. It has the power to create new Shadowhunters, control demons and even kill a mundane if they drank from it. But I promise you, I will not let that monster get his hands on it." Clary said.

"There you go. You have her word." Jace said.

Alec sighed.

"Follow me."

The two left, and Rose sighed again.

She spun her chair around a few times before she came to an abrupt stop, as she heard the monitor beeping, getting louder each time.

"What the.... huh?" Alec said looking at it.

Then, the alarm blared.

"There's something outside the perimeter." Jace said.

"I told you..." Jace cut Alec off.

"Don't say it."

The four of them looked at the monitor.

"What's happening?" Clary asked.

"Looks like someone's trying to break in." Izzy said.

"Could be the Circle." Jace said, as they started to walk towards the door.

"Told you so." Alec said.

"Too soon." Jace just told him.

The four went out, not waiting for Clary.

Weapons raised and ready, as they went around the few trees.

"Don't move." Jace said as they saw a man, holding what looked to be a person.

"Drop what you're holding. Put your hands up." Alec said.

Clary just then joined them.

As the man put who he was holding down, Rose saw who it was, and gasped slightly.