#11

"All I know is, we gotta get you out of here. All right? Who do we know in Idris?" Alec said, as he paced the floor.

"The only people who would care are mom and dad. But they're under suspicion themselves." Izzy explained.

"Uh, what about Lydia?"

Rose sent Alec a look.

"Lydia?"

"Yeah."

"Why do you keep going there? She is prosecuting me. You said she had no choice."

"She doesn't."

"Everyone has a choice, Alec." Rose said standing up.

"I made mine. Let me just get through this without losing my self-respect." She said, walking around to the back of the couch.

"Look, I know you don't want to believe this, but Lydia said she would help if we can give her a way to do it. Maybe I can get her to delay the trial."

"Why? So I can sit here, playing computer solitaire, while they find something else to put on Izzy, and I take the blame for? I'm sure as hell that I'm not letting her get blamed for anything, regarding the time Clary and I have been here for."

"They want the Cup." Izzy added.

"So let me buy some time to find it. Hey, Jace and Clary..."

Rose cut him off.

"Disappeared through a door to God knows where. You said they're lost forever. And so is the Cup."

Rose leaned on the back of the couch, putting a hand through her hair.

"What if I was wrong? I can't find Jace because I weakened our bond, but that doesn't mean he can't be found, or that he can't find us....We need more time."

Rose scoffed slightly.

"What? You're grasping at straws now?"

She went back to sit on the couch by Izzy, as Alec walked over.

"Rosalie, listen. I'm your big brother. We just got you back. Please, let me help you."

Sighing slightly, she gave in.

~~~~
~~~~

Alec explained everything to Rose and Izzy.

"You know what? I'd rather have this happen, than be part of this world." Rose started.

"What kind of people sacrifice justice for law?" She finished.

"That's very noble, Rosalie. But the high roads not gonna look so great when you're running for your life from a pack of demons with no Shadowhunter powers to protect you." He said

"Jocelyn lived as a mundane."

"You know Jocelyn has her runes and her weapons."

"Maybe... But she really never had to use them much. Trust me on that. I know." Rose said, before he could finish.

"You can't just let them convict you. You need an advocate." He said.

"Yeah? And who would that be?"

Alec thought for a second.

"I could ask Magnus..."

She shook her head. As Izzy, somehow knowing what she was thinking, said.

"I think he would."

"Fine."

~~~~
~~~~