Chapter 16 ~ We're In The Sky!

Y/N was looking up to the sky feeling the air breeze through her nose and hair. She closed her eyes to calm herself as she was worried for her friends. 

"I know you're here, Ein. You don't have to worry about me."

"I-It's actually now kind of hard not to." 

"Never knew you would be a now softy."

"H-Hey. I'm not that soft."

"It's okay. If you're thinking about what happened back at the cave, I still forgive you."

Ein walked over to her to go right next to her to see the view but keep his space.

"After everything I did to you and your friends, you still don't hate me? I'm pretty sure all of your friends despised me by now. Just like how I did back in high school."

Ein looked down.

"I guess...everybody has a reason for the things they do. At first I think that you are selfish and cruel and that I don't like how you hurt my friends. But I actually want to understand you more, so that I can the way you see. You might think I pity you but I'm not."

"N-No I get it. I actually know you are trying to help me but I pushed you away not wanting to show my weakness. I should have known that I will be used for my selfish reason to get what I want..."

"E-Ein.. I know it's not my business but can you tell me why you are like this and everything? Maybe if you tell me the truth I can really help you."

.....

It was silent between them as they were having a talk for a while like they are feeling their connection combine together. You could hear their heartbeat going up and down slowly. Aphmau was hiding behind the wall while taking a peak to hear their conversation as she couldn't believe of Ein's words. She came here to see what Ein was up to and decide to follow him to make sure he doesn't do anything fishy. She kind of almost feel bad for him but still won't forgive him for what he did back at the lodge. 

"All I ever wanted was to get respect that I deserve and to feel almost powerful to get everyone's attention. I have been doing fights in my old school before coming to Phoenix Drop. That is until I met your friend Aphmau. I was practically using her for me to become an Alpha that I need to earn by pretending to be nice and innocent. But when she first saw me she wanted to help me, even though she finds me weird. She even looked up to me as a friend. I had never knew I would have a friend like her because I use to hate humans 'cause they're weak. Aphmau even stood up to me to protect me. When I had shown her my true color, she was sad and thought that I'm her friend... I was so blind and so stupid... I had never felt so alone and I had hold grudge against them all because of this stupid Alpha things... *sniff* Back in the lodge I have brought every one suffer and when Aaron defeated me I begged him to kill me because if he knew that I am coming back for more revenge but he didn't. He told me that I don't deserve to die and had shown me true suffer. I had been suffering of having no ears and tail. That's what suffer he had shown me not realizing what I did...*sniff sniff* I-I'm so so sorry.. For putting you and your friends in hell.."

Ein couldn't take it and broke down as more tears spill out from his eyes.

"It's alright Ein.. I still forgive you. There's no reason to hate you, even now. It wouldn't do either of us any good."

"Nobody's e-ever talk to me like this before.."

"I don't deserve your forgiveness not after everything...but...I'm more willing to try to redeem myself and help you..I'm just so sorry for everything Y/N."

"It's alright. You don't have to say you're sorry, Ein."

Ein cried and cried.

"But you don't know how happy I am that you did." she smiled in her thought.

When he was done, he looked at her shyly again.

"I-Is it okay if I hug you?.."

"Sure."

He hesitantly wrapped his arms around her as he embrace her. Y/N gladly hugged him back. What she had never felt is how warm he is. While he sneakily sniffed her finding her scent rather sweet and intoxicated. Aphmau who looked almost disgusted to see cause she again still despise him and decided to come out.

"What are you guys doing?"

They froze when they heard her and slowly turned. They're so dead..

"W-We were just..uh.."

"Just talking! Yeah!"

"I heard alright. But can you please keep your hands off of Y/N, EIN?!"

"Y-Yes ma'am!"

Ein quickly pulled away feeling his face all burned up.

"Is everything ready?"

Y/N quickly changed the subject.

"Yes the boat is at the dock."

"Great! Let's go!!"

Y/N fast walk leaving the two. Ein soon left but before he could take another step, Aphmau stood in front of him giving him the death glare.

"I got my eyes on you..."

Then she slowly walked backward while giving him the 'watching you' gesture. Ein sweatdropped at that dramatic move as he just followed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 2 guards got out from the boat and walked to patrol as Terry with his act walked on the bridge. And when he went towards the boat and turned to distract the guards they were hit in the back of their head hard leaving them unconscious.

"Hm. Not a sharp under patrol aren't you?" Terry smirked.

Aphmau complimented him with his performance as she checked on their inventories but found out they don't have any ammo. Terry explained that they were under control of Michael and they will use that into their advantage. Everyone are now on board as Terry start the boat. Kawaii~Chan is also coming along since someone have to keep an eye on her to protect her. They are sailing through the sea to the Celestial Cannon as they anchored to where they will stop by the bridge. They all landed and once they stood the ground started to violently shake. They wobble around trying to regain their balance.

"What's going on?!" Lucinda cried.

"It can't be too... Everyone hold onto something!" Terry shouted.

The cannon then started to fly up to the sky and once it stopped they looked around to see where are they now.

"W-Where?"

"We're in the sky!!" Aphmau gasped.

"Oh my Irene! That is so high!" Blaze cried.

"What is he up to now?" Ein asked.

Lucinda turned and saw a certain someone running towards them. Katelyn.

(Credit by BinOfTrash

(Credit by BinOfTrash. Her beautiful art!)

"Oh no..."

"Lucinda! Run!!" Y/N called as she ran after her.

Aphmau followed to stop Katelyn. Lucinda though didn't move as she was frozen to see her friend like this. Katelyn raised her fist as she punched her. Everything was black.