Prologue

It was desolation. It was despair. It was loneliness. It was sorrow. It was blood. It was treachery. It was death.

She loved it. She loved the way the bones cracked under her paws like dead leaves in the fall. She loved the way the wind ruffled her fur like Death's very own fingers. She loved the way the air smelled of defeat and sadness. She loved the power that seeped from every stone and bone in this lifeless, ruined place. Inside, she smiled, a dangerous smile of shape teeth and evil intentions.

Her Queen would make this place bow to her once more.

Finally, her journey ended when she stepped in front of a large, circular stone placed in front of what looked like a jagged cliff. It was Luna's prison. The only reason she wasn't out there, conquering this world and others. But no longer. No longer would this world be ruled by incapable wannabes like that female.

The she-wolf bristled in hate at the memory of the short, arrogant female who'd dared to try and defy her. No, that puny excuse of a Wolf was not her Queen. The wolf shook her head again in disbelief and then her fur started to melt, sliding back to reveal a medium-sized female, nearly all bones and pale skin. Her eyes were yellow-amber, a world of hate and bitterness in them. Her hair was long and hung in straggly, dirt-brown ropes around her gaunt face.

     She looked like death.

     Slowly, she approached the stone, running bloody fingers over the engraved runes.

     Somewhere to her left, a crow let out a lonely caw. Distantly, she heard him flap away. None of this mattered. Not anymore. Not when Luna was about to be freed.

     The female grazed the runes, leaving marks of blood. Finally, her eyes fell upon the pattern. Quivering in anticipation, she reproduced it.

     The closer she got to opening it, the more power seemed to seep from the tomb. She felt it gliding over and around her, slimy and oily, yet so enjoyable. It was evil. Pure evil. She loved it.

     And suddenly, she was thrown back. The tomb slid open, circular stone rolling away from the entrance. From within, a deep howl resonated, chilling and gutting. Claws clicked on stone floor.

     Luna appeared.

     Her fur seemed to be made of pure silver, eyes yellow like a snake's as she assessed the female. An aura of pure malevolence seemed to emanate from her in waves, like the delicious smell of death and despair floating around the tomb.

"Luna, my Queen," the female bowed.

Luna's fur melted away to reveal skin like pale snow, soft as a newborn cub's down, bare to the freezing temperatures. However, she did not look to be phased. Her plump, red lips turned up into a cruel smile, long fingers who's nails were like claws reaching out to caress the kneeling female's head. Her crimson hair, reaching her buttocks, fluttered in the suddenly still wind.

"Rise, female. I have a job for you," she turned her glare to the South-East, where she knew her nemesis was headed.

A/N) Yes, I have been hiding. But I am now on vacation, my friends faraway, and therefore I can start writing again :)
As you can see, this is completely unprepared. I have no cast, no parts, no nothing because this lazy ass has been procrastinating. I might post it later on.
I've just started the book. Therefore, do not be surprised if the updates are erratic. For The Heat, I'd already written down like seven chapters before posting the first one. Later on, when I wasn't so advanced in my writing, I already had the schedule.
Hope you enjoy!!
- Lexie

On a scale of one to ten, how mad are you at me for not posting this earlier?

I'm currently off hiding somewhere until everything has blown off 😅