Chapter 1

Skoll was freezing. He didn't know how long he had spent in that cold, cold room, lying on the concrete floor in his own blood. He'd stopped moving a long, long time ago, the chains tying him to the ground useless now. It wasn't like he had the strength to run away anyhow. He couldn't remember the last time he'd eaten. Was it that rat when he'd still been able to muster an ounce of strength to catch it? Now the little rodents pitter-pattered  around him with no care in the world— because they needed not to worry about the wolf sprawled on his flank, bathing in a sea of his own blood.

     Skoll wondered how long how it had been since he'd last seen the light of Grian the Golden warming his golden pelt and illuminating his eyes, the irises like the moon. They had locked him up like a vulgar criminal, taken him from her.

    His other half.

    His soulmate.

     He just hoped she'd ran away. That she was still alive, and safe.

     Skoll was pulled from his thoughts by the heavy door banging open. He didn't even raise his head from the cold, cold floor. He was so cold.

"Still as pathetic as ever, I see," the voice was silky, too sweet.

     Perhaps.

     He didn't blink when he received a sharp kick to the stomach.

"Answer me, mutt!"

Better be a half-God mutt than be born of cheating.

     Perhaps he hadn't lost all the fight in him.

     At the growl resonating throughout the enclosed cell, Skoll finally lifted his heavy head.

     The female was the same as all the other times. She had long, dark brown hair pulled up in a ponytail, leaving the angular face on full display. Two deep-set amber eyes, almost yellow, glared down at him from beneath overlapping eyelids. She wasn't very tall, and shaped slightly like a skinny hourglass. She was dressed in a shiny iron armor, adjusted to her size with a sword on her hip.

     Skoll wondered if she knew how to wield the weapon. He also wondered is she would have been prettier had she not worn the nasty sneer on her face like it was sown there.

Hello Maybell. Always a pleasure to see you.

     No, he definitely hadn't given up, even if his body had. Maybe he'd haunt her when she finally killed him. He looked at her again. Yes— he definitely would.

"Skoll," Maybell took a step ft vvvvorward, and Skoll noticed for the first time the hulking male behind her, "let me introduce you to Briar, my mate."

     Now that he payed attention, he did notice Maybell's scent had been intertwined with another, stronger. So the little female had mated a more powerful?

I wonder how you roped an alpha into mating you. Did you spread your legs and he just couldn't help himself?

     That earned him another kick to the gut, but stronger this time. Briar must had delivered it.

"Shut up, mutt," said male snarled out, "Do not insult my mate like this."

"You better listen to Briar, Skoll."

     Skoll didn't answer them. His conscience had floated away again.

•••

     Hati scowled at the patrol guard before her. He leered at her from where he was standing a dozen feet from her. He might have been eighteen or nineteen, and he could have been handsome with his golden eyes and blonde hair. However, Hati did not care. She had to get past him and would stop at nothing. The bond was writhing within her, begging for her to be reunited with her soulmate, to touch him, to nestle next to him.

     She growled lowly at the male. He just smirked wider, eyes full of evil intent.

"I could let you pass, against something of yours," he leered at her voluptuous curves.

"Or I could kill you and pass anyway," Hati snarled.

     Her golden eyes flashed dangerously. A lip trembled upwards slightly, revealing a sliver of glistening fang.

The male made the mistake to laugh, "And how would a female like you kill me? You seem like you've grown up pampered."

     He eyed the slight pudge on her body appreciatively.

     Oh how wrong he was.

"That or I can hunt very well," she ground out, sweet like honey.

"You? Hunt? More like the male who mated you feeds you well."

     With an inhuman growl, Hati had launched herself at the guard. Mid-jump, she shifted, letting the clothes slide off as her other form burst out. The silvery-white wolf landed on the guard teeth bared and sank them in his unprotected throat before he could move. He died suffocating.

     Hati could not bring herself to care.

     He was too important.

     Instead she leaped over the fallen body and loped away, not a care in the world. Why would she? He'd been keeping her from her goal.

     Hati didn't know how long she'd been looking for him, with no lead whatsoever except for the slight tugging of the bond. Finally, she'd decided upon something— she would find the mysterious knew Alpha whom everyone was talking about. The small she-wolf with a power greater than any and a Pack of Warriors at her back. Hati was proud, but no fool. She would ask for help she needed, and then take back what was hers.

     And she would watch the perpetrators burn.

A/N) Here it is people! The long awaited first chapter! A bit short (a bit under 900 words, but I think it's pretty good, and introduces two new characters I hope you'll like! (Initially, they didn't exist, but then again, initially, none of the Heat was supposed to happen after the tenth chapter or so😂😂 the plot has changed a lot)
Yes, for those who clicked on 'part 1' it's supposed to have just one word on it— it's the title
So I finally came back from vacation (which was amazing, despite my brother's hellish attitude for most of the time (I wanted to bash his head in with a rock))
Would y'all read a book where I reviewed RL books and Wattpad books and sometimes tell what's going on with my life?
Btw I meant to update this sooner but my phone decided to jump in the river so it has been spending a well deserved vacation in a Tupperware of rice :)
- Lexie

So far, do y'all like Skoll and Hati?

Hehe I kinda have too