3

Kiana

"Dinner has been set on the table." Brian says from behind me.

"Uhm, I'm really not hungry so I'll just head to my room and crash. I have an early flight tomorrow to catch, remember?" I say in an accusing tone.

"Now uh, young lady, you will place your luggage in the room and will come back down and have dinner with me. And, don't think you can get out of that trip because you are going."

I sigh. I really miss having my own space right now.

I do as I'm told, not taking the time sit in my room.

We both eat in silent, isn't awkward or anything, it is comfortable it's just been this since I was young. Just the two of us, slight conversation here and there, and peace.

"Kiana." He starts but stays quiet as if contemplating whether to tell me or not. "At first I was very unhappy when you told me you wanted to be part of our secret project and...wanted to be an assassin. I still don't like that you eavesdropped on my private conversation." He states.

"But I see that this job is your passion and you live it. I'm still adjusting to it but I'm also coming to terms with it. Plus, you one of the best assassins we've got." He places his hand on mine, smiling fondly at me.

"All I'm saying is I want you to be careful and that I love you."

I smile back at him, tears clouding my eyes. "I love you too Brian. And, if it makes you feel better I'll be extra careful on whatever assignment I'm assigned to." I say.

Laughing, "I remember how much we used to fight on that, but I've definitely learnt my lesson so you can trust that I won't be eavesdropping on any of your conversations. I promise."

He rolls his eyes.

"Well, I'm done here." I say standing up. "And you can clean up since I am after all the guest." I say, a smirk on my face.

"I seriously wonder how you survive living on own." He says gathering the dishes and going to the kitchen.

"There's something called a dishwasher." I shout, climbing the stairs.

Reaching my bedroom I stare at my bed lovingly, let's do this my love.

Arms open I jump on the and snuggle to my pillows.

●●●

"Please stop" I cry, trying to get him off my mother.

"Leave her alone. You going to kill her!" I sob even harder.

"Daddy please." I beg.

I could see my mom was losing consciousness.

"Mommy" I cry. "Don't leave me. Fight him off." I cry even harder.

I jump on his back trying to get him off of my mother but he pulls me off his back, throwing me towards the wall.

Landing hard I try to get up but I didn't have enough strength in me.

"Run." My mother says. "Run!" she screams.

I run towards the door, looking back at my mother I could see she was begging me with her eyes. "Run." she whispers.

Looking back at my father, I see him taking his belt off. I knew what was coming next it wouldn't be the first time. Not wanting to see, I took off running.

I run as fast as my little could take me, even though I didn't where I was running to, I continued to run.

Sobbing-

I wake up startled, sweating and tears running down my face.

Brian enters my room, quickly he's by side, whispering comforting words.

--------------------

😱😱 3 chapters in one day, guys!!!

I'm literally tired😫. My fingers have gone stiff from typing for too long. And, I'm starving!!

I'd really love some tacos right now🌮🌮.

What do you guys think of chapter 3?

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow.

❤❤❤