12

Kiana

It's been a few days now since I've been back and I'm finally back to work.

I get out of bed, going through my morning routine.

An hour later, I was finished with my morning routine dressed in my black biker shorts, my black sports bra and my black Nike takkies. Now all that is left is my breakfast, but if it wasn't for Maria I'd probably still not be eating breakfast.

I seriously need to go back to my normal routine and that includes not eating breakfast but I'm going to start that tomorrow.

I eat my cereal as I logg into the agency's database. I'm busy checking it for any updates but soon my phone starts ringing.

"Hello." I go through past cases that have gone cold, looking for anything that's been missed.

"Kiana, I need you to come to the office now." Brian states.

"I'll be there." In the time period we were talking I've managed to close 2 cases, two killers and two that I'll be visiting right after my office hours.

The life of an assassin.

I grab my keys, using the underground route to arrive quicker.

25 minutes later I arrive at the agency's headquarters, going straight to Brian's office.

Without knocking I enter his office. "You called the boss." I sit in the black, leather seat.

"Yes, I did." He says. "I got a new job for you." He hands me a file to go through.

Now, this is what I'm talking about.

"Who is this?" I ask, a smirk on my face.

I open the file, coming across a picture of a man who's probably the same age as Brian.

"Rodger Sax."

"So he's a mafia boss...why don't you send someone else to do the job?" I ask.

"He's been blackmailing a lot of government officials to get deals to work in his favour. A lot of explosions have been going off around the country and they are seen to be tied to him." He says.

I close the file. "Okay. I'll do it."

He stays quiet, staring at me. "I need you to be careful on this case, Kiana. He's a very dangerous man." He says.

"Since when do I get scared easily, Brian?" I ask, laughing.

"Right," he says rolling his eyes. "Just be careful with this one."

"Okay, okay, I'll be careful," I say, opening the door. "I'll be in the training room."

"Yeah, whatever, now leave my office, Kiana. We done for now." He exclaims. "Oh, and you leave the day after tomorrow."

"Sure thing boss," I say, shutting the door behind me.

--------------------

🙈that cliffhanger🙈 I know, but the scene continues on in the following chapter.

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow.

❤❤❤