Destiny, pt 3

2 months later
Selene was holding up well so far, plastering a fake smile on her face and acting like she was fine. Apparently it was convincing enough, because the angel queen let her out of prison about half a month ago. She really tried to forget about everything, to just focus on anything else, but she couldn't. It was like she was always dragging around a weight. Her heart was always heavy, and she had forgotten the meaning of "fun" and "happiness". And living this way was terrible. So she started thinking about ways she could get out of living. Anything would be better than the way she was right now, even if it meant she was no longer alive.
After almost another month of thinking, she had finally come up with something, and just in time too. She had finally broken. She knew she had to go through with this.
When souls first get to this world, someone briefs them about everything in and about this world. They included a part at the end of the briefing that Selene remembered now. They said that there was this place of no mans land near the wastelands, on the other side of the battlefield at the fountain. They warned souls to never go there because all the souls that have and stayed for more than an hour have just disappeared. The only trace left of them were scattered twinkling lights that soon faded out; just like what happened when souls die. So, logically, they came to the conclusion that people that go there die. And so, on February 27, 1997, Selene went there. None of the souls ever saw her again.

Cyrus eventually heard the news about Selene, and it left him even more heartbroken than he was, which he didn't even know was possible. He was devoid of any happiness. All he wanted to do was to go and find Selene again.

Almost two years after she disappeared, on December 20, 1998, he broke. He went to the place in hopes to die, and he too disappeared.

What they didn't know was that this place where souls "died" was actually the gateway back to Earth and that the souls who went here and disappeared were actually reincarnated.
_______________________________
19 years after Cyrus was reincarnated

Some people call it coincidence. Others call it chance. Still others call it luck. But they were wrong. It wasn't luck or coincidence. Instead, it was destiny.
Destiny brought Cyrus and Selene back together on Earth. Or rather, should we say, destiny brought Dylan Wang and Shen Yue together.

A/N: Sorry about this story being kinda weird and twisted. I have no idea where this came from as this is not really in my comfort zone and really different from my other stories. But anyways, thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed.

P.S. I'm running out of ideas for short stories. If you have a prompt or an idea feel free to comment.

-Horselife