In Every Lifetime (Part 2)

10 years later
Shancai had been filled with sadness since that terrible day that Si had passed. The only way out of the sadness was alcohol. And tonight was no different.

At least, that's what she thought.
She was walking. She didn't know where. She had no destination in mind. She was lost in her thoughts when the car came speeding down the streets. When she finally saw it, it was too late. Her mind was too hazy from the alcohol to do anything. But, strangely, she didn't really feel the pain. She knew she should, but it felt like she had been separated from her body. She started floating, slowly rising like a balloon. Sometime along the way, the worlds changed, and she was now floating through golden clouds, the sun creating a beautiful sunset. She finally reached the top of her journey, setting foot in front of a gleaming gate. She walked through and stopped short, her mouth dropping.
"Daoming Si!"
_______________________________
He had seen what had happened. He felt sad that her life had been ended early, but at the same time, he was excited to see her. It had been torture to only be able to watch her from far above. He had wished she would be able to move on and be happy again. And sometimes, she really did seem happy, but she always returned to her sad, subdued state. And he hated it. He hated that he couldn't comfort her. He hated the gods for taking him from her. But mostly, he hated himself for breaking his promise and her heart, even if it wasn't by choice.
He had gotten lost in his thoughts, so when she called out his name, he startled. Turning around, he whispered her name and tentatively smiled at her, unsure of how she would react.
"Shancai...
I kept my promise.
I waited..."
His words seemed to snap her out of her shocked state, and she came barreling towards him, almost knocking him over when she hugged him. At first, he was stunned, but he slowly wrapped his hands around her, pulling her closer and gently kissing her hair as she burrowed her face into his chest. It had been such a long time since she was in his arms, and it just felt so right to him. He knew that she was his soulmate, and he swore that no one would take him away from her again.
"I love you, Ah Si," Shancai mumbled into his chest. Smiling, he tightened his hold on her, pulling her as close as possible and whispered back, "I love you too."

A/N: Hey guys!
I wrote this at like 2 or 3 in the morning so it's kind of weird please don't hate me.
Anyways thanks for reading and stay safe
-Horselife