In Every Lifetime (Part 1)

Shancai had just woken up in the hospital bed. At first, she was confused, but she soon remembered what had happened. Shunping and the rest of those worthless brats had kidnapped her to try and bait Daoming Si. Shancai had really thought he wouldn't come after what she had said to him the day before, but the idiot still came. The worst part was, he wouldn't fight back. She didn't understand why he would let them beat him up because of her. Maybe he really did love her. And, deep down, she liked him too, but she wasn't ready to admit that.
Wait... Daoming Si got beat up... the last thing that I remember is him passing out...
A wave of panic coursed through her as she remembered his body lying on the floor, blood dripping out of his mouth, and she jumped off the bed and started frantically searching for the stupid pineapple head. When she saw Huaze Lei, she was relieved, but when he said nothing and just pointed at Si's room with a grim face, she felt dread creep into her heart, cold and heavy.
_______________________________
Daoming Si felt terrible. He had no energy whatsoever, and his ribs were killing him. He could hardly even sit up in the bed. But, even though he was conscious, something didn't feel right. It felt as if he was separated from his body, as if his pain wasn't actually his. When he saw Ximen and Meizou's faces, he knew exactly what was happening. He was slowly slipping away, slowly losing it all.
Just then, the door to the room burst open and in ran Shancai. Despite the pain, Si couldn't help but smile at her. A quick glance over told him that she wasn't seriously injured. Good, he sighed, closing his eyes. If she had been hurt, I would never have been able to forgive myself... at least my death wasn't in vain...
"Daoming Si, you're awake. Why did you come, you idiot? Why didn't you fight back?" Si opened his eyes and glanced at his friends, asking for privacy. Once they had left, Si looked at Shancai and said, "Stupid girl. I love you. I told you I'd follow you anywhere, even to Mars. Did you not believe me?" Hearing this, Shancai teared up. When she had ran into Si's room, the sad, grim expressions on Ximen and Meizou's faces and the tired and detached expression on Si's face had confirmed her fears. She hated herself for being too stubborn to just admit that she loved the childish idiot in front of her, and now it was too late.
"You also promised me that I wouldn't be able to get rid of you in this lifetime," she whispered.
Si looked away and closed his eyes. "I'm sorry, Shancai. I can feel it. I'm already half gone; I can't be saved. I'm sorry for everything. If this were my choice, I would stay, but it's not... but hey, at least I won't be making your life miserable anymore, right? Shouldn't you be happy?" He tried to joke, but his eyes were starting to well with tears when he head her crying.
She moved to him and sat down on his bed, hugging him gently. "You idiot. How can you joke at a time like this?
Daoming Si... I don't want you to die. Can't you keep fighting? I need you here, please. I...

I love you."
Si smiled as his tears started to fall. "I'm so sorry, Shancai. I love you too." She could feel his breathing getting shallower, and she knew it was almost time. "Daoming Si... if you have to go, promise me one thing. Please, wait for me." Taking his last breath, he whispered, "I promise, Shancai. In every lifetime and the place in between, I'll wait for you..."
When Shancai felt his chest stop moving, something inside her broke. She was crying so much, but she couldn't make a sound. She didn't believe he was gone- she couldn't. She hugged his body harder, burying her face in his still warm chest, trying to comfort herself. Breathing in his scent, she realized that she would never hug Si again, never hear his strong heartbeat and smell his cologne again, until she died. Devastated, she felt an ice cold numbness spreading through her whole body. She couldn't bear the thought of a whole lifetime without him, without his annoying, arrogant pineapple head...

Hold on, I still want you

Come back, I still need you

A/N: Hi guys thanks for reading as always I appreciate it. Sorry about the story being depressing again but my friends gave me the prompt afterlife and I didn't know how to do that without making it depressing, so sorry about that. If it makes it any better, it doesn't have a sad ending. Anyways, thanks for reading. If you have anything you want to be written, feel free to drop a comment. I'm running out of ideas. Hope everyone's safe and thanks for sticking around.
- Horselife