Heaven and Hell

Si sat in his bedroom, trying to drown out the emptiness inside. But since he had nothing to do, his mind somehow kept drifting back to Shancai. He was still devastated that she had left him. It was better now that he knew where she was, but still, he couldn't bring himself to even fake being normal. After countless confessions, she still left me. Does she really think I'm that unreliable? I told her I would chase her to Mars if I had to...
But that thought started nagging him. I promised I would fight for her... so why am I just sitting here doing nothing when I know exactly where she is? Si didn't know what would happen, but he knew he had to at least try.
_______________________________
Si stood on the porch of Shancai's house in the fishing village. He stared at the door, trying to gather up at least a shred of courage, but to no luck. Anything that had to do with Shancai robbed him of all his signature confidence. But he knew he had to at least try to fight; otherwise, he would regret it his whole life. Taking a deep breath, he knocked on the door.
When Shancai opened the door, seeing her well and so near overwhelmed Si with wave after wave of emotion that he couldn't even come close to putting into words, so he just pulled her in for a hug.
"Daoming Si... what are you doing here? We aren't supposed to be together. Your mom doesn't want-"
"What do you want, Shancai?" Si said, cutting her off. "Don't think about my mom or anyone else right now. What do you honestly want?"
After a long silence, Shancai slowly lifted her arms and wrapped them around his waist, letting herself relax. Smiling, Si wrapped his arms tighter around her.
"What're we going to do about your mom?" She mumbled into his chest.
"To hell with her. We'll figure something out. But she won't break us apart. Through hell or high water, I'll be with you, Shancai. I love you."
Si had no idea how they would convince his mom, but he knew one thing for certain. He loved Shancai, and he would follow her to heaven or hell, to Mars and back, in every lifetime because he loved her more than life itself. And he knew that deep down, she loved him, too, even if she refused to admit it yet.