Chapter 2: A New Journey

"So the king really dislikes the Shield Hero?" Y/N asked the queen. "And with them summoning all four heros, you're out doing the dirty work of trying to clean things up" he continued.

"Unfortunately yes and I'm ashamed, the shield hero is a valuable cardinal hero, but I believing the kings antics are going to make him turn against us" she sighed, but then continued.

"There are four cardinal heros, and you already know of them. However, there was one thing hidden from the people in this world. There is a fifth hero, one who is ahead of our time that helps us put a stop to these Waves of Catastrophe and keeps the heros in place."

"Huh, so I would be doing what you're doing at the moment. Cleaning up the mess of someone else's decisions." Y/N replied to the Queen. She only nodded in approval.

"When you put it that way, yes. With summoning you, that's the only chance we have at survival. The last wave, before they summoned the heros, nearly killed us. With the king disliking the Shield Hero and all these rumors spreading, I am almost certain whose behind all of it."

Y/N looked at the Queen with a raised eyebrow, "what kind of rumors?" He asked.

"I've heard many, him raping my eldest daughter, mistreating his slaves, taking people's money and so on. Though I do not believe it. My eldest daughter, Myne, is quite manipulative and also a great actor." She answerd.

"Wait, since you're the one in charge, does that mean she's hier to the throne?"

"Technically by age yes, but with the way she is, I cannot let her run this country. We would all be devastated, everyone would turn their backs on us."

"I'll be damned," Y/N commented, he then remembered the dream he had the other night. It was a girl that had violet hair and eyes, and she looked very similar to Queen Melromarc.

"Then whose hier to the throne?"

As on que, the door opened from the room Y/N and the Queen were in. In came a familiar looking girl with her violet hair and eyes, a dress that had violet and white mixed together. The way she walked was very mature for her age. Y/N recognized her from the dream.

'It's her'

"Mother" she started when she walked in, but she stopped when she saw Y/N,

"Whose this?" She questioned looking at the man in front of her. The clothes he wore were not from any places around here. She looked at Y/N's weapons he had on his back and waist, something must have snapped in her mind because she went wide eyed.

"Don't tell me mother..." she whispered, Queen Mirelia sighed.

"It is who you think it is. Child of mine, you must know that I'm only doing what I want best for our country. With the other heros acting like they are, it left me with no choice"

Y/N looked at the two in confusion, he could only assume that she was the next for the throne, but his thoughts were cut off when the little girl started to walk towards him.

"May I ask your name good sir?" She politely asked. Y/N bowed towards her and stated his name.

"I'm Y/N, the person your mother has summoned. I come from another world"

"So the legend is true. Another hero whose ahead of our time" she muttered. She then realized she didn't reply with her name.

"I am Princess Melty Q Melromarc, pleasure to meet you sir Y/N" she bowed. Y/N chuckled slighty,

"Just call me Y/N, no need for sir"

"Well, here's your answer Y/N. Melty is next in line for the throne. As you can see, she's very mature for her age and she has the same views and intentions for this country as I do. Melty dear, may I ask you to step outside? I'm about finished with Mr.Y/N here. Once I get done explaining everything to him, I will speak to you"