Chapter 3: A Companion?

Y/N rushed to the area quickly to rescue the girl that was in the carriage. The knights that were driving the carriage were slipping and sliding all over the area that was covered in ice.

"What the hell? Who did this?" One of them asked. The other one fell face first into the ice floor.

"I dont know, but whoever it is, I will have their head" the other said while trying to regain his balance.

The two knights continued to struggle on the slippery surface until they heard someone walking up to them.

"Who goes there!"

"We need help!"

"Seems you've put yourself in a hole, fellas" an unknown man said to them. They looked up to see a guy that wore clothing that they've never seen before.

"Who are you?" One knight asked.

"Before you ask me questions, I have one question to ask you. What are you doing with a tied up girl in your carriage? Don't make me ask twice" the man stated.

They both turned white as snow

"Why should we answer you!" One tried to mock, but a loud noise erupted the area and something came flying right at him and clipped his side. Blood started to trickle out his side.

"What was that!?" The guard asked gripping his side. Suddenly the ground regained it shape and the ice melted away.

"So this has a timer, good to know" the unknown man said out loud. The uninjured knight grabbed his sword and dashed towards the man. Before he could take a swing, something hit his hand and it made him drop the sword. It had the same noise as before. The knight grabbed his hand, but before he could look at the unknown man, a full force kick sent him flying back towards the other knight.

"I told you I don't want to ask twice"

"Know your place peasant!" The knight gripping his side said while drawing his sword. The unknown man sighed,

"Really? You're still choosing to fight?"

The knight growled and dashed towards him. When he went to slash at the man, the sword hit something solid. The knight looked to see a wooden object blocking the sword.

"Great, you scratched my rifle stock. You're gonna pay now" the man said. The knight didnt have anytime to react as he was punched in the gut and in the head multiple times. The unknown man finished him off by roundhouse kicking him towards the other knight.

The other knight, still holding his hand, looked at his comrade in shock. The few blows instantly knocked him out. He looked at the unknown man in complete and utter fear.

"W-who are you?" He stuttered.

The man sighed and shook his head. "Thought I told you I was the one asking the questions. You've wasted my time, I advise you to leave before I do something I will not regret" he threated while twirling one of the unknown weapons in his hand.

The knight grabbed his comrade and threw him over the shoulders and started to run towards the direction they came from.

"All broth and no beans" Y/N said as he watched the two knights run away. He went to walk towards the carriage, but stopped to think about what he just said.

"All broth and no beans? Why did I say that? Great, I'm going to end up just like Erron."

Y/N walked over towards the carriage to find the girl that was captured. He removed the flap covering the carriage. He spotted the girl and removed the cloth covering her head. Y/N took a step back in disbelief.