Chapter 17: Judge and Jury

Y/n continued to look at the lifeless body of the Pope. Blood was spewing across the terrain, getting pretty close to his boots. Y/n stepped away from the corpse.

"Wow, you sure did a number on him." Motoyasu commented while he and the other heroes made their way to Y/n. Ren quickly went over and got the replica weapon.

"Couldn't you have made it less gruesome? We're supposed to be the light for people to look on for the waves. Not killing machines." Itsuki added.

"Like you're the ones to talk. Last I checked, you were causing more problems than there was to begin with. Heroes my ass, ain't nothing, but a bunch of fucking bums. Naofumi is the only one that can be called a hero here. I just did my job, you're lucky I didn't get your face with my bullets." Y/n retorted while pointing at Motoyasu.

"What's wrong with my face?"

"Nothing that hot lead can't fix"

"Easy now Y/n," Naofumi walked up to him. "I don't like them either, but I don't think you should go to that extent. As far as I'm concerned now, we're done here. So, I'll be on my way now with my party. Raphtalia, Fill, Melty!" He yelled out to them.

"I'm not going to make you stay here, but I do suggest you stick around" Y/n stopped him.

"Why? I-" Naofumi started to reply, but was stopped when someone let out a cry.

"Your holiness!?!" One of the Pope's subordinates yelled out in shock. His eyes twitched in fear seeing the dead body, he watched as more blood covered the terrain.

"W-which one of you did this?" He muttered.

"It was me. Figured he should get what he tried to do to us" Y/n nonchalantly replied.

"You'll pay for this Gunslinger!" The follower yelled at Y/n and tried to run after him. However, a familiar scaly animal stopped him by karate chopping the follower in the neck, knocking him out.

The animal looked to his master and gave him a big smile, without showing any of his teeth.

"Nice job buddy, next time don't be afraid to bite his head clean off" Y/n sarcastically replied.

"No! Don't you listen to him Toothless, you aren't going to do that" Sistine disapproved Y/n's suggestion.

The others listening to their conversation all sweat dropped. Y/n waved off Sistine and continued to talk to Naofumi.

"Don't mind her" Y/n started again, but was interrupted when Sistine yelled at him.

"Hey!"

"Anyways" Y/n raised his voice, "I think you should stick around until she comes"

"Who?" Naofumi questioned.

"I don't wanna say" Y/n started, before he could continue, he caught a glimpse of something in the far distance. He then pointed in the direction that he was looking at. "Because I think you'll meet her yourself, Naofumi"

By that time, Naofumi and Motoyasu's party had reached the group. Sistine and Toothless were keeping watch over the remaining followers. However, they all looked towards the direction that Y/n was pointing.

Coming over the hills, a large group was making it's way at a quick pace. Everyone, besides Sistine andToothless, were confused at the sight.

"What's this? Another attack by the Pope's followers?" Motoyasu asked.

"No dumbass. Just sit back and wait, this woman you're about to meet is someone very important." Y/n sighed at the Spear Hero.

Hearing Y/n say that made Malty eyes open in shock. Fortunately for her, nobody noticed her expression, so she gave a breath of relief.