Chapter 6: The Wave of Catastrophe

It was hours before the wave will hit, Y/N and Sistine were doing last minute training. Preparing themselves for the upcoming battle.

"How, how's that Y/N?" Sistine asked him while putting away her new katana. She was slightly out of breath from the small training session. She walked over and sat down beside Y/N.

"For your first use of it, not bad. Just use a speed enhancement spell when you draw it. The faster you are, the better" Y/N replied while cleaning his guns. He took apart his weapons to give them a clean scrub before this battle.

"But, I suggest you just stay behind me most of time. I won't let anything happen to you" Y/N added while not giving her his full attention.

"You don't think I can handle myself, now?" Sistine asked while looking at her kitana in the sheath

"Eh, I'd prefer I dont lose my partner. Hate to not hear you boast about yourself because you get free things." Y/N laughed.

"Come on! That was just the ice cream"

"And the crepes, honey roasted nuts, free samples of anything we passed by."

Sistine pouted and looked away. Y/N rubbed his hand in her hair.

"I'm just kidding, but in all seriousness, I'm not going to let anything happen to you"

Sistine wasn't looking at Y/N and she was glad she wasn't. Her face was as red as it can get.

"So, you do care about me" she said trying to act tough.

"Of course" Y/N replied returning his attention to the weapons he was cleaning. He quickly put the revolvers back together and spun the chamber. He inserted a bullet and fired off a bullet to make sure it worked.

"Hey!" Sistine covered her ears from the loud noise, "warn me next time. That hurts"

"Sorry sweet thing" Y/N apologized and stood up. He stretched a little bit before putting the weapons in holsters.

02:13:20  The clock read, Y/N sighed. 'This is coming up faster than a ground hog getting its hole filled with water' he thought.

"You're worrying too much" Sistine said getting Y/N out of his thoughts.

"If I had a silver for every time you said that" Y/N replied. Sistine huffed,

"That's not nessacery"

"I know you mean well" Y/N replied looking at combination bullet enhancements. "It's just something that we gotta deal with when it happens."

"Wonder where it will be" Sisitne continued while looking to the sky, it was a beautiful day. It was really hard for her to believe that a Wave of Catastrophe would be taken place one pretty day like this.

"All I was told and saw in the book was that they get summoned to the place, I do believe" Y/N stood up and stretched for a min. Sistine got up and dusted herself off.

"Are we going anywhere before?"

"Cant fight on an empty stomach" soon the growl from Y/N's stomach was loud enough for Sistine to hear.

"Guess that settles that," Sistine giggled. Y/N scratched his head in embarrassment, but something caused him to become suspicious about something.

Over the hill, there were a few people walking towards the city. Y/N couldn't tell who it was, but he overheard their voices.

"That damn Shield Hero, he won't get away with what he did to Princess"

"Sir Motoyasu, you're so brave and strong!"