Chapter 13: Breaking Point

It wasn't too long since Y/n and his two companions left Melromarc after the fallout with the King. They were walking to a small village, it had a few guards at the entrance, checking people.

Over the course of the few days, Sistine and Toothless saw how visibly upset Y/n had gotten. Ever since that small interaction with the king, Y/n was very doubtful if he could fulfill the wish of the Queen and Melty.

In those days, Sistine tried to talk with him, but he didn't answer much. Everything was a yes or no answer, sometimes an explanations with others. Toothless tried playing around with Y/n, but nothing helped.

"Them sonofabitches, in a time of crisis and they choose to act like children. It doesn't matter to them, selfishness, egotistical maniacs, power hungry. I can't do it anymore!" Y/n grabbed his head in anger.

"Y/n!" Sistine put her foot down, she was tired of him keeping this to himself. Toothless was startled by her actions and coward away. Y/n turned to his first partner, she had a face he wished to never see again. "Why won't you talk to me? You are not alone in this, these last few days has been so hard on yourself it's worrying Toothless and I! You're putting yourself into a hole and I'm afraid you'll get to the point where you'll shut us out! I can't have that! I can't just let you carry a burden like this alone! Because" Sistine had tears slightly, "ever since you've saved me...." she took a deep breath, "I haven't stopped admiring you. Sure you're a different character from a game, but you have shown me and toothless who you really are." Tears fell from her face, she clenched her fists and shut her eyes tight.

Y/n's eyes were wide open, realizing everything.

'I've really been doing that huh?' He thought to himself. A deep sigh escaped from him, he got up and walked over to the upset girl. She heard the stirrups making small noises as he got closer. Y/n pulled her arms around his upper torso, he caressed her head and pulled it into his chest.

"Im sorry, been a bit selfish lately" he apologized to the girl. He then looked over to his loyal dragon, "I'm sorry too" Toothless shook his head and pointed at Sistine, gesturing she needed to hear it more than anyone.

"Why? Why wouldn't you talk to me?" She asked while sniffling.

"To be honest, I don't know." Y/n continued to rub her head. "Ever since we left the capital, I just have been doubting myself. I don't think that I can fulfill the promise Mirellia wanted me to do. Not as long as the redhead is pulling the strings."

"It was a long shot from the get go" Sistine pulled away from the hug. She looked up and gave Y/n a small smile, it made his heart skip a beat. "There's no need to put yourself down. I know how much trouble it is giving you. If you can't do it, then we just need to stick it out until she returns to her throne. Only then everything can get on a better path."

"I s'pose that's true." Y/n rubbed her hair to mess it up. "Im sorry, I won't keep anything else from you again"

"Good, let's get to this village and grab something to eat." She replied. Y/n looked over to Toothless, he had shot a small fire ball from his mouth and made the smoke form into a heart.

"Toothless!" Sistine yelled in embarrassment.

"Come on you two, let's get some food and a bit of rest." Y/n shook his head while walking towards the small village.
After Sistine tried to hit the dragon, she quickly made her way back to Y/n. Toothless hovered over the two as they continued to the village.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upon arriving to the village, the guards at the gate stopped Y/n and his crew.