Chapter 7: Dueling Pistols

After the events of the Wave of Catastrophe, Y/N and Sistine made their way towards the next country. There was no telling when the next one will appear, but Y/N remembered the Queen telling him that there was about a month between each one. So, this is the perfect opportunity to train and figure out more things about this world Y/N is in.

"You doing okay? Not hurt or anything?" Y/N asked his companion. She looked at him and smiled.

"Not at all. I feel great, you?"

"Relieved just a little, glad we got out of the wave with no bad scars"

"Isnt that the truth, but" Sistine rubbed her chin in thought. "That Naofumi guy sure seemed like he didnt like us"

"He's had it rough darling" Y/N groaned but he continued, "he's been deceived, lied to, had everything taken from him, and the list continues. I don't blame him, but I hope to warm up to him. Because no matter what he says, all heros need to come together to defeat these waves so we all can go back home"

Sistine's face saddened at the word 'home'. She missed Rumia, Glenn, and her other friends in her world.

"You okay?" Y/N asked her, he saw that her mood changed.

"Yeah, it's just that I miss home. You know?"

Y/N looked forward towards the path they were walking on. "Yeah, I wonder that too. I wonder if my parents miss me or if me getting sucked into that book changed my life in my world. Your case is slightly different, but I know we will go home one day. Once all this is over" he reassured her while putting a hand on her head. He gently rubbed her head. He then heard a few sniffles, he looked down and saw that she was crying.

"Hey, don't cry" he pulled Sistine into a hug. She immediately hugged him back. She let a few sobs out while tightening her grip.

"You've been holding this in for quite a while haven't you?" He asked her. She only nodded, Y/N felt her pain. He then gently rubbed her back, she started to calm down a bit. She then let go and rubbed her eyes.

"I'm sorry" she laughed a little in embarrassment. "Its just always been on my mind. I'm sure they'll figure out the spell to find me. No matter what it takes" she then smiled again. Y/N didnt want to see her like that again, she needed to smile because her smile was simply heartwarming.

"Tears don't suit you" Y/N commented, Sistine looked up at him.

"You need to always smile, makes everything around here seem better when you do"

Sistine blushed to that and had to turn around, so Y/N couldn't see her this embarrassed. This caused him to laugh,

"You gettin all embarrassed now?"

"S-shut up" Sistine replied. Y/N continued to laugh, until they both heard some people coming towards them.

"You hear that?"

"Loud and clear" Y/N replied looking towards where the footsteps where coming from. He then spotted a few guards along with two other people that came jogging up to him. Y/N spotted two weapons on them, one bow and a sword in its sheath. "Get behind me" he commanded Sistine, she did so, but was ready to back Y/N up if needed so.

'The other two heros, dammit'

"Are you Y/N?" One of the heros asked while the guards surrounded them. He was wearing a light brown type of clothing that Y/N couldn't understand and a light green cape. As well as some armor covering his left shoulder.

"What's it to you?" Y/N replied looking at everyone.

"We need you to come with us, the King has requested to see you" the other hero stated. He was wearing some type of black clothing with a blue scarf. He had his hand grazing the handle of the sword.