Chapter 3 - Let's Play

Let's play

People came and went through the bustling streets of Yorkshin, unaware of the two shadows running around the top of the buildings, lurking in the alleys. Silent, deadly and precise, the assassin and the magician run undetected towards their destination.

Killua's alleged location was a cheap hotel room in a troublesome part of the city. His brother couldn't help to wrinkle his nose at the smell of urine and decomposed trash that filled the alley behind the place. "We're here" said the clown with a welcoming gesture. "I can not feel Killua's presence" said the Zoldyck.

They weren't sure if they had the right address or if the information had been misleading however they were not about to leave anything to chance. Both were concealing their presences and instead of using En to look for the kids, they decided to look in the old fashioned way.

Hisoka climbed to the rooftop and was happy to let all of his bloodlust drip out of his body with the lewdest roar he could muster. Illumi had asked him to do exactly that in order to distract de boys, specially Gon, with the undeniable presence of the clown while he could move undetected through the hallways hoping to reach the one with his brother in time.

Suddenly the building, along with the surrounding area were ravaged by the lustful and terrifying aura of Hisoka longing for a bloodbath. Moving with perfect stealth and speed, the oldest Zoldyck son felt it too. He felt instantly intoxicated by the overwhelming feeling of that aura he knew so well.

It had been over ten years ago the first time he'd felt that same presence along with that bubblegum and cherries scent. He'd found it dreadfully sweet, the kind of smell that penetrates the nostrils and leaves behind a strong memory.

Now Illumi found himself wondering around those memories instead of concentrating in the task ahead and hating his partner for causing such distraction in him, again. He pushed aside those memories realizing how uncomfortable he felt within the clown's presence now, after the events that took place in his sower barely hours ago.

He still arrived to the room where he expected to find his beloved brother and the annoying little boy he called a friend. He stood next to the door, trying to hear something coming out of the room, giving away their position, but nothing. Either the boys had left the room earlier, or...

Illumi slammed the door open and found exactly what he feared. Emptiness. Not even their essences remained even though Illumi was able to know that his brother had been there some time ago. He tried to gather evidence or any sort of clue which could lead to Killua's whereabouts but nothing came out of his search.

Discouraged and deeply disappointed he reached for his cell phone in his pocket and dialed Hisoka's number, but he got no reply. Assuming his associate would be completely lost within his own bloodlust, the eldest Zoldyck son decided to go to the rooftop and explain everything.

The closer he got to that dense, treacherous aura, the more intoxicated he became, unable to deal with that hideous feeling of allure. He didn't know if it was the first time he had felt that way about it, he wasn't sure. Memories from recent events began to dance within his head, intermingled with the new ones rising from the aura he couldn't help to get closer to.

Hisoka's words ringed in his ears along with flashes of golden eyes glistening amidst the blood stained orchids. He was so consumed by his own thoughts that he didn't realize how close he really was to the last door on the stairs.

Illumi went through and closed it behind him with a huge amount of strength making the magician undeniably aware of his presence. But what Hisoka saw was far from the composed, stone cold assassin he knew. The eldest Zoldyck son seemed disheveled, gasping loudly through his parted lips, his raven colored hair covering part of his porcelain skin. "My my, Illu dear, what happened to you that you show up looking like... This?"