file_mov#1 [ur gone]

[ thank you to @rosieehee {via ig} for making this for the book! ]

after mark left for canada, haechan felt his whole entire world crumbling beneath his feet. he spiralled into dark depression, started fainting again, lost his job. he needed mark to be here. mark would be the one who would fix him. him and his little sister moved In with mark's mother, as she would be the closest thing to him being with mark. but he hasn't been okay. he writes letters to mark every day and every time they get to talk to each other on skype he can't help but cry.

summer is coming soon, the time for him to graduate the chance of him getting to see the love of his life again. this gave him some parts of hope. this didn't stop him from writing letters and making videos that he would send to mark every day. he was almost like a youtuber, but for mark's eyes only. although donghyuck has his suspicions about mark. he's been missing calls and texts, only to claim that he's just busy, or that he's at school or at the company, he even stopped ending phone calls and goodnight texts with simple things like 'i love you'. he found it strange that all of a sudden he just got less and less interested in talking to haechan. take, for example, last night. to his surprise, Mark had picked up. ecstatic to talk to him, he turned his webcam on and made sure to show his love the sweetest smile. but as soon as he heard mark's voice he could tell something was off about him. he seemed tired, not interested, almost sounding like he didn't want to talk to haechan ever again. but something about this call, in particular, ticked him off. he noticed before mark ended with his usual, 'i have to go, call you later.' he heard a female voice in the background 'Mr Lee, I have to talk to you in my office.' she was almost giving off a seductive vibe, or voice, like whatever she had to talk about with Mark wasn't holy.

haechan's friends weren't ready to give up on him just yet. they encouraged him every day to leave the house, stop writing to mark and go out and make some new friends. this week they had a plan. they weren't letting haechan miss his senior prom, so they thought it would be important that he went with them. the last prom they went to was right before mark left, haechan named it as one of the most important nights of his entire life, the way they held each other on the dance floor. even if every single kid was staring at them, they felt that this was the moment that the two of them felt so close and so connected to each other. the group planned it. they would show up at mark's mom's house, tell them they're going out for ice cream and end up going to prom. they needed him to get out of the house more often and spend time together at senior prom.

as the group came up to the house, they talked before they went in. just wanting to make sure what they were doing would actually benefit the boy. "do you think it's right to bring him? prom is special for him and mark." "we have to let him know that he would be able to live without mark." "but marks coming back in 2 weeks, if he gets used to him not being here how would he react when he is." "alright stop fighting, let's revise the plan. norenmin, each one of you will spend your time with him at different times." after going over the plan for the one hundredth time they knocked on the door, awaiting the response of haechan. "hey jaeminie hyung! hyuckie is upstairs, i'll go get him." minhyuk turned eight earlier in the year, but since mark left you could say she changed a lot. she lost her lisp and stutter, got invited by scholarship into one of the top children's schools in Korea, and even started singing with her brother. maybe is mark saw her again he'd realise how much he missed while he was gone.

"why is everyone here?" "We're going out for ice cream, come on." "a-alright." as haechan grabbed his bag and put on his shoes he got into the car with his group of friends. but as soon as he got in the car he noticed something off. renjun was wearing some huge jacket and he noticed neatly laid out suits in the back seats. "why do you have all of this, and wheres the ice cream store?" "you're going to prom, try and stop us I dare you."

after around twenty minutes of struggling haechan gave up and put on the suit and tie for the prom. he finally found the nerve to walk into the school hall and remember the memories he shared with the only person he would love like this ever in this entire world, let alone this entire universe. through the sea of screams, modern rap music and the brushing of thousands of bodies against each other haechan found himself in the midst of becoming loose. this was proabably the first time he felt like this the entire year. he used to spend his time getting writing letters, drawing, writing songs and crying, but here on the dance floor dancing with 5 other friends made him feel like he was happy and important again. even if he didn't have mark.

this high was shut down though, after an hour and a half of dancing and downing drinks came the slow dance part of the night. chensung came together and danced so delicatley, as jisung loosley and gently wrapped his arms around his waist. norenmin kind of made it work, they held each other's hands and somehow moved across the floor as a group, but there sat haechan, sitting at the corner of the room clutching his drink and eating the last slices of pizza. he was a fool to think that hapiness could come after mark leaving. before mark was here he wasn't okay really, sure he had two friends chenle and jisung, but something about the fact that jaemin and seulbi bullied him everyday and he got pushed around for being one of the few out-gays at the entire school. but when mark came into his life he had this new found protection and the touch of someone around him every morning as he woke up wearing his boyfriend's comfy sweaters. he missed him so much, it was only 18 days until he would be home.

📎

hi mark!

this would be probably the 400th letter im actually sending to you. its only around 18 days until I finally get to see you again ! today the squad took me to the prom. it was actually realy fun, but then soon enough i started missing you again. i cant wait until you get home. last week jaemin took me to get ice cream when i ran into seulbi, she pushed me over and yelled at me for getting you sent away. but it's not my fault, is it? if it is im so so so sorry! please come back soon, literally please i miss you almost everyday. school graduation is coming soon. i got accepted into the college and im probably going to study art, but i've had my eye on this company for songwriters it called 'hyojong & hyuna' i think they could reallllllly help me. well mark, see you in 18 days! i love you.

-haechani