file_jpeg.#9[summersleepovers]

taking a break from their 'kick-off the summer road trip', the 7 boys retired to a cheap motel on their way to their next destination

taking a break from their 'kick-off the summer road trip', the 7 boys retired to a cheap motel on their way to their next destination. As per usual, most of the couples decided to share a room. That left Mark and Haechan/. The boys didn't have much money with them, which could only mean that if mark and haechan had to get small, old, dirty rooms. It was all they could afford anyway. As each of the couples moved to their rooms, mark and haechan split up among the bottom floor. haechan sat in his room. he sat alone in the dark as the lavender wallpaper and strange motel art surrounded him. He watched as the sky outside began to get darker, and the rain came down and made droplets on the windows. Darkness began to close in and night began to fall. Although the stars were covered by clouds, and the bright moon was swallowed by the dark sky. hale fell heavily as haechan stirred under his covers and tried not to be scared by the noises coming from outside. His heart rate began to pick up and he began to feel more and more scared by the second. He looked out the window and lightning struck down sharply, scaring him to the point where tears flowed out of his eyes. 

"jaemin? are you awake?" haechan pulled open the door to jaemin, renjun and Jeno's shared room hoping to get a response. "haechan, go to bed. it's almost one in the morning." "o-oh o-okay I'm sorry." haechan left the room and closed the door slightly. soon, he moved on to chenle and jisung's room. "h-hello? are a-any of you awake?" "hmm, haechan, go away. we can talk in the morning I'm tired." "i-i'm sorry." haechan carried his blanket through the hallway and unconsciously stopped at mark's door. he leaned on the slightly-chipped and scratched up door and sunk to the ground. but suddenly he heard the doorknob screech and he fell backwards on someone's feet. he looked up and saw none other than, mark lee

"Are you scared? come in I guess." haechan followed mark through the room and then sat down on his bed. he got comfortable in the covers and watched as mark closed all the curtains. he flinched as soon as lightning bolts hit near the building. mark saw this. he was hurt that someone he had cared for more than anyone- or someone he used to care for more than anymore was scared and had to go through this. he brushed off the thought and resumed what he was doing. he grabbed a glass of water and placed it next to him. He tucked the sheets around the boy and made sure that he was comfortable. "well, I'll go sleep on the couch. make sure to drink the water. you look pale and it's important to stay hydrated, okay? have a good sleep." as mark began to walk away he felt a hand pull him back. "m-mark, don't go." "I' not going I'll just be across the room." "no, stay here." "here?" 

mark got under the covers and turned to face haechan, who was now smiling. "are you happy now?" "yes." "Alright, go to bed. I'll bring you breakfast in the morning." mark turned to face the wall and the two soon fell asleep. the storm outside began to calm down and the relaxed temperature of summer began to settle in again as morning peaked. mark was the first to get up and pondered about what had happened the last night. he loved the feeling of looking after haechan, he loved being there for him. maybe it's because he missed everything they had done together. he missed the way that they would write letters and exchange gifts, he missed having the person he loved just one call away. he sat down next to haechan after refilling his glass and stared at him for a while. to his surprise, haechan was still awake. "having fun staring?" "I uh-" "don't worry. I'm hungry~ last night you said you would bring me something." "do I have to?" "yes, you do. when there's a buffet, you must go." "fine, fine."

as mark opened the door he met eyes with jaemin. "mark, is haechan with you? he came into our room last night and I just checked and he isn't in his." "Yeah. he is with me. I'm just grabbing him breakfast." the two of them talked a  bit more, they talked about what food they were interested at getting at the buffet and talked about school graduation and everything that they had missed out on. as mark began to walk away he felt jaemin's hand pulling him back. "hey mark." "yeah?" "can you promise me something?" "what?" "Promise me that you will always look after haechan, okay? he's been through a lot and he needs you." "okay jaemin, I promise." 

"haechanie, I'm back and I brought you something to eat, seeing as you were so hungry." "yes! what did you bring." "waffles." "mm yay!" the two of them sat on the ground huddled up near the television and watched the strange shows that the motel had provided and laughing. the two enjoyed a cheerful, inside-joke filled, and joyful breakfast together on mark's floor, forgetting anything that had happened in the past year. they were just here, at this moment, together once again. 

🖇

 MARKHYUCK ENTHUSIASTS 
na jaemin, lee jeno, huang renjun, 
zhong chenle, park jisung. 

NA JAEMIN: 
haechan stayed in mark's room last night

LEE JENO:
OoOOOOOoOO

ZHONG CHENLE:
theyre finally getting back together!?!

HUANG RENJUN:
I don't know, but nana said mark was getting food for him

PARK JISUNG:
i saw him at the buffet choosing things for haechan

NA JAEMIN:
well I guess we have to see what happens next. 

[a/n : THE HIATUS IS OVER !! thank you for cooperating! anyways, I wrote this entire chapter in 30 minutes and finished at exactly 2:59 am. so I apologise if it is literally terrible. in other news, I HAVE A NEW BOOK! please please PLEASE go check it out ! its called 'hotline loveable' and I am working reALLLLLYY hard on this one so it would mean so much to me. anyways, see you next chapter! ]