Chapter 5 Love At First Sight

Tommy

I wake up and look there she is my beautiful Addy laying sound asleep. It’s been a while since we slept in a bed, we always give the bed to Lizzy, Ash and Murphy. Addy has a little snore, not loud enough to wake me up, the sound calms me.

I remember the first day we met, the first day of 12th grade she was the new kid, but she was different. She was not crazy about the boys. I was a person that didn't talk much. The first lunch she came up to me and asked me if she could sit with me, I said yes. Her stunning red and brown hair short just to her chin, her bright blue eyes. Her smile lit up the room. The next week we hung out together. Then I finally asked her if she would go out with me, and she said yes. We fell in love and dated and still are, then April first of 2030 we heard the news of the apocalypse.

I kiss her on the head and stood up. I walk to the kitchen and find some pancakes mix in the far cupboard. Addy told me her favourite breakfast food is pancakes, and she has not had it in a long time.

She is one of a kind she made it worth living in the hell of a world. She makes me smile every time I get up or look at her. She is the light in the darkness.

I mix the pancake batter together and turn on the stove. I find a pan and put the batter on it, after all the batter, is gone Lizzy, Murphy, Chase, Ash, Grace, and Chloe are eating.

Addy has not gotten up yet, she doesn't sleep that often she maybe has had 6 hours of sleep this week. Every time she falls asleep she wakes up screaming. She keeps having the same nightmare every night of her family dying, she won’t sleep more than 45 minutes. So I let her sleep. She sleeps for another ten minutes then she finally wakes up, I hear her screaming, I run up the stairs and hold her, she cries into my shirt, I rub her back I know that comforts her. Her cries hurt my heart she was always so happy and now she is less and less happy every day. Being held, she told me when she was young when she had nightmares her mom would hold her. She slowly stops crying and looks up to me. “To-day, Today is the day they blow up our home! Tommy”

“It's ok. We're not there. I made breakfast I made pancakes you favourite.”

“How? You are an amazing boyfriend” she hugs me.

We walk down the stairs holding hands we get to the table, and she grabs a pancake and gobbles it up.

After she was done eating we walk outside and see the sky turned an unusual color.