Chapter 16 Relief

Addy

    I wake up and I feel so calm and alive. I look up to see Tommy fast asleep. I smile he looks so peaceful. I snuggle into his chest and lay there for about an hour when I can't lay there anymore. So I sneak out of the bed without waking him. I go downstairs and look for food i find two cans of peaches. I put both in two separate bowls. As I finish putting it in the bowels i hear Tommy yell "ADDY! ADDY! WHERE ARE YOU?" I ran up stairs and get in the room.
    "I'm right here. It was just a dream, ''I say.
    "No no you were dead!"
    "But im not" i sit beside him on the bed. I hug him. "I'm sorry" I tell him.
    "No its ok. I just keep seeing you dead in my dreams. But the two other times i woke up you were right there."
    "I know I have those dreams all the time"
    "You didn't have one last night"
    "Wait i didn't? That's good."
    He smiles and kisses me on the cheek. "That's good" he says with a smile.
    "I found some peaches"
    "Mmmh Peaches" we both walk downstairs to the kitchen. I grab the bowls and give one to him. We sit on the couch and eat the peaches. Once im done I stand up and I grab the walkie talkie. I go back to the couch and sit beside Tommy. I put the walky talky on the table Tommy grabs my hand and smiles.
    "Are you cold?" he asks
    "A little" he pulls me on his lap and wraps a blanket around us. I slowly fall asleep on his chest.
    I wake up to the walky talky going off. "Ad-dy y-ou th-ere?" I grab the walkie talkie.
    "Ya im here. Is everything ok?"
    "Z-Z-Zs. I repeat Z-Z-Zs" i think its Ash but i don't know.
    "How many?" I ask
    "Is everything ok?" Tommy asks.
    "Zombies that all they have said so far"
    The walky talky goes off again "hundreds!"
    "Shit" i whisper. "Can you guys get here?" I ask.
    "Ya but who-are w-do?"
    "I can't hear you"
    "What do we do?"
    "Get here!" I yell into the walky talky.
    "Heading your w-----" it drops.
    I stand up and run up stairs. I grab our weapons and i run back down. I throw Tommy his weapons and bag.
    "What are we going to do?" Tommy asks.
    "Cover them till they get in the house" i walk and grab my sketchbook and pencils I throw them in my bag. I cut my hand and rub the blood on Tommy.
    "Why are you doing that?"
    "If we cover them into the house we might not have time to get in the house" he nods and follows me to the front porch. We stand there for 5 minuts when we see the van coming. Zombies run behind the van. They get to the front door and jumped out of the van. We shoot the z's following. They make it in the house we follow. We get in and hear banging on the door. They are all breathing hard.
    "What are we going to do" Chase asks panting.
    "Stay here as long as we can" as i say then we hear banging on the back door. "Shit" i say.
    "Let's pull the couch and bookcases to the doors" everyone nods we move two bookshelves to the front door and the couch, table, and a bookshelf to the back door.
    "We should go upstairs and go in one room and do the same" Chloe says.
    "That's a good idea to grab the food and some water and lets go to the master room" everyone grabs stuff and we head up stairs. We put stuff in front of the stairs from the other rooms and we get in the master room. We block the door and we all sit either on the floor or bed. The banging just keeps going and going.
We just sit there when Lizzy ask "Are we going to live?"she asks with tears in her eyes.
"Of course. I won't let any of us die" she runs up to me and gives me a hug. I see the worry in everyone's eyes i hear the front door crash in. I put my finger to my to my lip to show to be quiet. Everyone can hear the growling of the zombies I don't know what to do. Then I look at my wrist. Of course my blood how can i forget. I grab my knife and Tommy looks to me.
"What are you doing?" he asks in a whisper
I walk to Lizzy and cut my wrist it bleeds i cover her in my blood. Tommy nods at me i smile. I do everyone when we hear the zombies crawl up the stairs. We all grab our bags and slowly walk out the door we get to the stairwell that is blocked we slowly move the stuff. We get to the front door and i lip "go to the van" tommy nods and leads the way. I walk to the back door and see the horse on the horizon zombies surrounding it. a tear runs down my cheek when i see a zombie bite his leg. I open the back door and walk thought the zombies to get a clear shot. I hear the horse crying for help I aim my gun and shoot. His cries stop i walk to the van i get in the passenger seat as tears slowly roll down my cheek.
"Lets go" i say. Tommy starts to drive we hit z's every now and again. But most of the zombies were around the house.
"You ok?" Murphy asks.
"I'll be fine" I smile at them.
"Where are we going next?" Tommy asks.
"Well we want to go to Atlanta, Georgia. The next place is Elm City, North Carolina" Tommy nods and drives.