Chapter 6 The Bite

Addy

     "We should look for food and supplies. We should look for a first aid kit we could use that, and we should get some more ammo" We step out of the house, and we look around the area for stores of any kind of course when we were walking, we had to kill a lot of Zs. I am covered with zombie blood. I don't notice that there was a zombie behind me. I feel a sharp pain in my shoulder I scream the zombie let go. The pain runs through my arm it feels like someone is stabbing me there repeatedly.
I hold my shoulder so it doesn't bleed out. The wound is gross the teeth engraving in my skin and the blood rose to the surface trying to escape. Tommy comes running to me I see him. He shot the zombie in the head.
"What happened?"
"I am bitten" he runs up to me and lifts my hand his eyes start to water. He grabs my hand and takes me back to the house we were in. We sit in there what felt like forever but it was only 20 minutes.
Everyone comes back and looks at me. They look down to the floor Lizzy runs up to me and gives me a hug "don't leave us sis we need you"
Then Chloe cuts in "does she have a fever? Because our mom got bit she had a fever and there's something different about you. Why is your blood black?"
"She doesn't have a fever, and her blood has always been black because of a genetic difference of some kind"
"She is the only person with this blood" Chloe asks with confusion Tommy nods "then maybe she is fine bandage it up"
Tommy sits down beside me and starts to clean it up and bandage it. You could see that he was nervous. Once he was done bandaging me he gives me a kiss and whispered into my ear "You can't leave me I love you"
"I love you too. I need to talk to Chloe for a moment I'll be right back" he nods. I walk over to Chase, Chloe, and Grace "if I turn kill me I don't think Tommy, Lizzy or Ash can do it" they nod.
"We should head to bed Addy" Tommy looks at me and gives me a small smile.
"Did we get anything" I ask. Everyone opens their backpacks and grab the stuff out we got some clothes, food, and two first aid kits. "Ok everyone get a good night's rest I'll sleep on the couch."
"No sleep with me" Tommy says with worry in his eyes.
"Tommy you know why I can't" he turned and walked to the room you could see he was hurt, but he knew why. He keeps the door open. I lay on the couch and know that this is my last night of sleep or at least alive. The pain of that thought I'll never get to have a kid, grow old that hurts me even though this world has gone to hell I still want to live.
I feel my shoulder shake back and forth I open my eyes to see Tommy standing there he kisses me on the head I sit up.
"Can you look at the bite?" he nods and slowly removes the bandage.
"It's almost healed!" he yells
"WHAT" I look at my shoulder you can see the bite indented but its not open. "Well when I was younger, I remember that I cut my arm really badly, my mom brought me to the hospital and when we got there a doctor look at it and the cut was gone"
"Maybe that's why it didn't affect you"
"Then why did it bite me?"
"You were covered in human, zombie blood. Maybe it masked your smell"
"Maybe. But what if we can do the opposite"
"What do you mean?"
"Maybe if I cover something in my blood the zombie won't attack it"
"Let's try it on me"
"No! Tommy what if it doesn't work!"
"It's ok want if this how we stay safe"
No I can't let him do this my heart pumping with fear I can't lose him.
"Ok but I'm coming with you"
He nods I grab one of my knives from my pocket and cut my hand I put the blood on Tommy's shirt. The pain stung for a moment when I cut my skin I winced. After rubbing it on his shirt I look at my hand the cut is gone. I grab my gun and my machete we walk out the door. My heart racing we walk through the zombies none of them attack. Relief runs through me and Tommy is ok. We walk out there for 10 minutes, and then we walk back to the house.
"It worked" Tommy gives me a big hug "what if your blood is the cure? We would have to go somewhere we could distribute it. Like D.C. if the president is still there we could save them."
"It could work" I smile and kiss him.

Is This The End?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara