Chapter 12 Back On The Road

Addy

    I wake up to my head on Tommy's chest i look up to see him sound asleep. I smile at him and move up to kiss his head. When my lips hits his head his eyes fluttered open.
    "Mourning beautiful" he says with a smile.
    "Mourning" he moves in for a kiss "don't i have gross mourning breath"
    "You remember this is the apocalypse right?"
    "Yes i know but they have tooth paste here"
    "So? I think mourning breath is hot."
    He pulled me in and kisses me i give him a smile. He smiles back. I try to stand up i get halfway off the bed when i feel arms around my whist. He pulls me onto him.
    "Oh no you dont" he tells me "i want to snuggle"
    I giggle and wrap my arms around him. We lay there for ten minutes when someone knocks on the door.
    "Come in" i yell
    Ash walks in. "When are we heading out? There's some Z's in the driveway"
    "Will get ready and eat then head out. If you want to kill the zombies go ahead just don't hurt your hand"
    "Yes i wanted to kill some of those things. And yes mom" he rolls his eyes
    "Good love you" I yelled as he walks out the door.
    "Love you too you weirdo" he yell back.
    I jump out of bed and grab the clothes I found yesterday and throw them on. I turned around to Tommy staring at me.
    "What?" I ask
    "I like you better with no clothes"
    "Of course you do"
    "You also look hot in that leather jacket"
    "Well thank you. You look good too" I say as he gets dressed. When he is fully dressed he walks over to me and picks me up bridal style. I giggle at him. He carries me down to the kitchen. He puts me in the chair and grabs some food and throws it at me. I eat all of the cereal left he eats some crackers. I stand up and walk to the pantry I grab one of the bags in there and I put all the canned food in it. We walk out to the living room and everyone is sitting there.
    "Time to go" I say they all stand up. We head to the van and all get in. Tommy drives and i sit in the passenger seat. We start to drive and I grab Tommy's hand. We hear gagging in the back i turn to see Ash doing it.
    "Get a room" he says
    "I'm just holding his hand"
    "Still gross"
    "Oh please. I see you shoving your tongue down Chase's throat"
    "Stop" Lizzy says
    "Sorry" me and Ash say.
Murphy laughs and says "kids"
We drive for about 2 hours when we reach 1 km from Richmond, Virginia. We see this small store that looks like an old Esso. We stop there and eat some of the food from the house before.
"Should we check this place?" Ash asks
"Lets see what food there is in there and lets see if we can put some more gas in the van"
They nod. Me, Tommy, Ash, and Chase go into the gas station. There are five Z's but Chase and Ash kill them. Ash and Chase look for food and water. Me and Tommy try to figure out the gas we get it running and we see Murphy fill up the van. Tommy looks around too we are in there for ten minutes when we hear Grace yell "zombies!". I turn to see tweney zombies at the door.
"You guys get in the van and stop at the next house will catch up" they nod and get in the van. I look for a back door and find one i open the door to see even more zombies i close the door.
"Were trapped" i yell
"There getting in" Tommy tells me.
I look around to see if there is a ladder of some kind to the roof but there is none. I look at the vent.
"In the vent" i tell them. Chase goes in first Ash follows. Tommy gets half way up when i hear the door breck. I run to the door and push it shut. The office we are in is small and wont hold for long.
"Go! They follow sound i'll go out there and call them, then you go out back"
"No! I won't leave you!"
I push him up and close the vent. I open the door and walk out none of the zombies care of course. I run about sixty feet when I yell "Come here uglys!" they all turn to me and run towards me. I keep screaming for them to follow. I take out my machete to kill them. I kill ten im covered in there blood so i know i have to kill the rest or they will bite. They surround me when I feel a sharp pain in my leg. I jump and see Tommy, Chase, and Ash ran out they run towards me. I hit the ground and feel another bite on my other leg i scream. I feel a bite on my shoulder. I lay on the ground in pain. I hear gunshots and zombies falling around me. I hear Tommy beside me talking.
"A-dd-yy yo-ur o-k" i hear as it ecos. I feel darkness rolling in and close my eyes from pain.