Apollo's Night

It was a rather tense ending after their sparring session. The moment Joseph and Aesop left the woods to regroup, Joseph couldn't shake the feeling of being watched. No, He knew for certain he was being watched, but where? Joseph could not feel anything amiss within the earth, nor the waters. Having dominion over the sun, he should have had some advantage and yet for some reason, his little stalker is able to evade his gaze. It can either mean two things. One, he is only overthinking and it is only a figment of his mind. Second, whatever it has something on par with him—a God's familiar.

He thinks it is the latter, but there's no signature to trace. At least, one he recognizes. I'll deal with you later. He thought. Shifting his attention back to Aesop, he felt something in his chest at the other's anxiousness. Ever since that wound, Aesop couldn't help but feel guilty no matter how much Joseph consoled him. It may be somewhat sadistic, but something inside him felt almost gladdened by Aesop's fawning. The furrow of his brow and the delicate sweep of his lash above his cheek dyed red—his very image at that very moment was worth preserving.

As they reach the entrance of the woods, Joseph can see Naib dumping a bucket of water on himself. He hears Aesop giggle beside him as the shorter man decides to shake off the water like a wet cat on an unsuspecting Norton. "Oi!" Norton swats Naib's hands away as the other attempts to dunk him into the well.

"Oh hey! Welcome back—huh? What the hell happened to you two."

"Just a minor accident."

"It is anything but minor."

Norton whistles, grinning almost maniacally, "If I didn't see those bloody bandages I'd say they did anything but spar—" his head gets submerged in water, courtesy of Naib. Aesop's face contorts into a mixture of embarrassment and irritation.

"Naib."

"Yeah?"

"Keep him there." "Hey! I was joking give me a break—"

Joseph sighed morosely as he helped clean the dining hall. After the sparring session, everyone of his new brothers gathered to eat before dispersing, Aesop couldn't attend due to the fact his attire wasn't appropriate. He ran off as soon as he could to reduce the number of people who could see his upper thigh. Admittedly, he would be annoyed if someone else were to see Aesop in that state. Currently, he scans his eyes around to the ones who remained.

It has been a few days since he has decided to experience being 'human' again. It was strange using the name Joseph again. The vulnerability of a human vessel was unnerving. The human feeling, dare he say, was a double edged sword. Humanity allowed one to feel the authenticity of feeling whilst Gods prefered to be unfeeling. Truthfully, it might be better to remain as a God than human, so that there will always be a boundary to separate their existence. Nonetheless, something inside him wished to give human life another try. He can only hope history doesn't repeat itself again. There will be something different this time. He could feel it.

Walking mindlessly through the facility, continuing on helping other personnel, Joseph felt something prickle his skin. It was a weak little thing. Similar to the feeling of cool winds dancing on his body. He was definitely not the only God here. For sure what he felt at that moment was a signature. A familiar one at that.

But who?

Once he finished cleaning up, he bid his goodbyes and quickly left. His thoughts began to wander to Leo, Aesop's father. He is an easygoing and overall, open person. Open enough to welcome him despite his oddities. Though he must admit, That man is strangely familiar, but he couldn't pinpoint why he seemed to be. Perhaps it had something to do with his look or disposition.

He stopped pacing, looking at the sun nearing its setting dusk. That reminded him of his first concern, the signature and the possible existence of another God in the vicinity.