Scene One

It was an average morning to say. Regular weather, regular sleeping schedule regular everything, and that was a good thing. Aesop Carl believed that they would all benefit from normalcy. Before he left his room at that time, he found another flower perched a top his archway. his eyes wondered to a pile of parchment that were weighed with a heavy object. His lips formed a smile at that.

He carefully took the flower and took in it's scent. He didn't know how he did it, but somehow his flowers always seemed so fresh, so alive even after being picked. He didn't know how to weave it into his hair, instead he placed it by his ears as he always opted. He hasn't tied his hair with the black ribbon as of late, he does however tie it by his wrist.

He'd live in this place for 15 years now, and yet it felt different. A good kind of different. He felt happier walking around it's halls knowing he'd—

.. he'd what?

He faltered in his steps. Why was he happy? Or rather, why was he as happy as he could be. He felt these jitters in his stomach, excited to see— who? He felt unfiltered joy to be free— with who?
He could live his life at his happiest with—

Something pulled him abruptly out of his thoughts, but it would be more accurate to say Someone. Aesop's eyes grew in surprise in almost bumping into Eli, he would've shrugged it off but recently it all felt off.

His relationship with him as been on thin ice to say the least. It's as though a wall has been put between them by some unknown force. He didn't like that thought.

"G-good morning Zephyr.." Aesop murmurs softly, carefully watching Eli's reaction. The man was stoic in his answer, he merely nodded and recited "Good Morning." And quickly tried to leave.

"Wait!" Aesop grabbed Eli's wrist, but his mind blacked out. What am I suppose to say? The youth thought. Eli watched silently, Aesop looked around mildly panicking before saying "Can we talk?" The blank faces Eli made had done nothing to ease the uneasiness in his heart. The man was unmoving until he spoke, "Maybe another time." 

Maybe he meant it or was an honest mistake but he harshly ripped away his hands from Aesop's grip. The youth couldn't help but feel stunned. What happened? Did he do something? 

What happened to them?

The rest of the day will probably put a dent in his feelings. "Yo 'Sop!" Naib came sprinting towards him, without skipping a beat the youth gave a small smile for his friend, "good morning Naib." "What are ya doing just standing there? Come on, your pops— I-I mean Sir Leo has somethin to say to ya." Aesop looked at him incredulously, "father? Do you know why?" "No clue." Naib shrugged, before beckoning Aesop to accompany him.

The dining hall was already full to the brim of warriors feasting to replenish any energy they need to train for the day. He could see his friends at the usual place but it seems his Father has something to say.

"Good morning papa." Leo looked ip to his son greet him with a smile. "Good morning my son! I'm sure Naib's already told you the news?" Aesop shook his head, "I don't think you told him papa." Leo laughed mirthfully, "ahh I must've forgotten to tell him too! You'll all be excused for today."

This had Aesop surprised, what did his Father mean by excused? "I'm sorry, excused?" "You and your friends will be exempted from training." Leo started, "your birthday is in a month's time, but things have been unpredictable, might as well have you enjoy life just in case the day itself is unpleasant." Leo smiled, his big hands patting the top of Aesop's head.

"You know I would never take away the things you indulge in as long as—" "As long as I'm happy." Aesop answered smiling. "And safe!" Leo added.