Your Haven, My Haven

Itwas a good day for one Joseph Desaulnier, his worries are layed to rest after Aesop's sleep returned to him. Things just seemed to fade into how it should be. He could still leave unnoticed by higher power. There didn't seem to be any big problems he'd have to solve, at least not right a way. 

Though despite the good things the day has presented him, he couldn't remove the sense of dread in him that made him feel as though his days with the youth are numbered. He has never been wrong in his gut feelings, but who knows perhaps now is the time it does.

Before the others awoke from their sleep, Joseph went in to help the women like how he's grown used to do. The flower he habitually picks, is as always, kept with him safely hidden. After he's done his share, he sat down by the long table waiting for company. He didn't have any plans for that day. He wanted the day to take him where he should go. Flow like a leaf in the rushing waters of the rivers with winding paths to take.

A small sound of approaching foot steps caught Joseph's ears. Even without looking up, he knew who it was. "Good morning little flower." A smile automatically went to his face; he pats the space beside him to invite Aesop. "Thank you Joseph" he said with a voice so sweet to the ears. The moment he sat down, Joseph immediately took out the flower and weaved it in Aesop's hair. "Here" he said as he added the finishing touches, prolonging the action as he felt the soft threads. The smile he received soon after was enough to rival his sun.

Comfortable silence swept in as their fellow brothers awoke from their slumber. They ate the food in collective silence until,

"Zephyr's still asleep?" Aesop asked out of the blue. Now that he mentioned it, the man was no where to be seen. "Well ya, Els is still in dream land right now." Naib answered, looking oddly calm from his usually peppy self "should I wake em right now?". He watched as Aesop took the platter that sat by Eli's usual seat saying, "thought I would give him food when he wakes but, I guess it's better to wake him now."

Before he could offer to come along, he found william looking askanced. William eyes him and naib mouthing,

"We need to talk."

So they did. The moment they all finished eating, Naib stated, "I'll head on, Nort is prolly already in the woods." And he walked on. William pulled Joseph to the side, "Something is up." "I'm afraid there's no surprise their hermes, something is always up." Joseph said sarcastically, pointing towards the sky. William's eyes grew darker, "It's about Eli." Now this caught his attention.

"What do you mean?" Joseph questioned. William leaned in, in a hush voice he said, "Eli woke up practically whimpering. I could've went to him but Naib beat me to it so I stayed still. I could here Naib asking if Eli was okay but man, what struck me was Eli mentioning his eyes."

Looking at his hand's william covered his eye, "he kept saying it hurt, I could hear him gasping in pain. At some point, Eli asked Naib if his eyes were okay. I don't know what Naib saw, but he was definitely terrified." Joseph listened with an attentive ear. He looked at William nodding, "it would make sense, yesterday we had a talk—" "you did? Why didn't you tell me man!" "Well I didn't know when to bring it up!" Joseph sighed soon after.

"He's definitely a blessed, probably the favorite. He has the gift of persuasion, it's laced in his eyes. He tried it on me, of course it didn't work, but I had to act like it did." Joseph eyed William, "who do you think gave it to him?"

Joseph thought for a bit, and when he came to a conclusion he said. "Eli religiously follows only one God, and that is.. Poseidon." "You don't mean—" "it is!"Joseph argued. "No no no." William shook his head, "There's no way that octopus would be willing to give a human gifts like that. He's an indifferent guy, what would drive him to make a reckless decision?"