Revealed but unsaid

It was a rather rude awakening for one 'Joseph Desaulnier'. The night before had made him miss the first rise of his own sun, making him late to his own personal routine which now consisted of picking the right flower to leave for Hyacinth to find and an assorted amount of chores. You could say it was his way of making up for the fact he really is not supposed to be there. However today is a different day from all days.

He arrived at training grounds positively wrecked, his hair wasn't even tied yet, his clothes with a wee bit ruffled and the flower he had brought was already wilting. To resolve that, he took time to make him look presentable yet again and breathe the flower back to life, and it did, it stood erect—but the moment he entered there was no one in sight.

Joseph furrowed his brows in confusion, he decided to walk around a bit. He visited the Dining hall and found no scent of food or residue of it. The place hadn't been used for the day it seems. He visited the grounds, no Warrior in sight. He visited Aesop's room, no Aesop to be found but his usual garb seems to be left unworn. How curious. He walked to the sleeping quarters to find some clean beddings and some left unfixed, and one out of place. He moved closer and he confirmed that yes, it was his bed although he has not used it yet. On top the sheet was a piece of parchment with the symbol of a staff-like object circled by twin snakes, a caduceus, it was from Hermes.

He flipped the parchment, and it read—

Hey Man!

Forgot to tell you that today is a free day, we don't have training today basically. Me and the gang are planning to visit the Temples, find us there! 'Sops coming too don't worry, catch up grandpa!

-yo man, William

Joseph stood there wanting to rip the parchment to shreds. The crudely drawn William with his tongue out made him feel—irritated to say the least. Nevertheless here he was, walking in a crowded street attempting to track down William and by extension—his friends. When he reached an intersection, he took his chances and picked to go up North. He has never bothered to explore this place before so he walked at his own pace, gathering his thoughts with each step. He was considering doing exactly as Emma advised the day before, perhaps a visit to the Three Fates may clear up the fog in his pending future of which he has no control. As he walked on, the more he hoped he'd bump into Aesop along the way. Maybe it'll clear up his mind, like it always does, but he needed to see William today.

He was considering asking William a favor. Tragedy won't happen as long as the all-father doesn't find out, so if Hermes is able to control what information enters and leaves, maybe just maybe—He could do damage control just in case any nosey Gods get sent in his way. When he reached another wide area he looked around to see street vendors selling fruit, wine, meat and bread. Among them was one lone William holding what looked like a mountain of bread.

Just as he was about to call out—"Hey Man! Care to lend a hand here?" William asked, gesturing to the bread. Joseph sighed before coming in to take half of what William carried. "What's with all the bread?" Joseph asked curiously. "Ahh—well. We were gonna go to the Temples but we were hungry. The stalls were full on our side, so we decided to split up to save time." Joseph hummed in reply.

The two walked in a slow pace back to the intersection where they split. Slowly, time seemed to be winding down. The people walking the streets soon looked as though they ran out of battery. The water that splashed around was in suspended motion. The dust danced with the wind and grew still. William noticed this and looked at Joseph's face, "What? Anything you wanna say?" Joseph feigned a thinking face, "Now that you mention it..." he paused, then started with a sigh; "If news ever spreads out, please control the crowd. For me, That's all I ask Hermes."