Music for a sleepless soul

Itwas another sleepless night for one Aesop Carl. Lately, he has been having trouble sleeping. He'd ought to be very very tired by the time Morning arrived. Naib and their friends had grown worried too. Before, Aesop would be the one waking them up, but now they were the ones on that duty. He would arrived at the dining hall disheveled.

This didn't escape Leo either, his father had allowed him to sleep during his free time and his sparring sessions have been reduced to at least twice a week on any day of his choice when he felt better.

Eli had been sending his Owl every night to guard Aesop. Evident by the feathers that are left scattered by his window, and when he does catch the owl visiting him. He would ruffle the Owl's feather's as his thoughts ran wild. He couldn't forget what Helena had said. At first he didn't care, but the more time passed, the more fear started to grip at his heart. "Do you think something is going to happen?" He asked Eli's owl who only looked at him. "I'm scared." Aesop acknowledged this fact, but he couldn't help but laugh at his irrationality.

Why did he believe Helena so quickly, they'd just met then, but he couldn't really see her lie to him either. I want to see her again Aesop thought, maybe he'd get answers then. "Good night little owl." Aesop said, kissing the top of it's head before praying that he succumbs to peaceful sleep.

When morning came, he felt sluggish. Tired from the lack of sleep he's being subjected to. The strange dream he had immediately left his memory, but the feeling stayed. He felt shivers run down his spine. A cold chill in his body and a strange feeling gripping his heart. "Little flower?" A mellow voice rang. Aesop looked up to see  Joseph peer in. Despite the fact Aesop might as well be naked as the day he was born, only hidden by the fact the sheet was tangled with him, he didn't care about how Joseph saw him. Perhaps he wasn't fully awake yet.

"G-good morning Jos—" Aesop whispered, but a sudden yawn cut him off. A look appeared in Joseph's eyes, but it disappeared as soon as it came. "Good morning little flower, come, let's get you ready." Joseph wrapped Aesop further into his sheets before carrying him to bathe. Aesop accepted the gesture, if it was any other normal day, he might've kicked Joseph out of embarassment, but he didn't have the strength too. After laying him down, He took one of the clothes Aesop usually wears, a simple white garment and belt and returning back to see Aesop already starting to soak in. As he washed Aesop's hair with water, he could see Aesop fall asleep, so his movement became more gentle.

This felt familiar to him. How could he not? He'd done this before to another.

"Joseph? Wash my hair for me will you?"

"Of course my beloved!"

"H-hey! That tickles Joseph! Stop it stop it!"

"Ah! But didn't you tell me to wash your hair for you V—"

"Joseph?" A small voice spoke. He looked down to see Aesop looking at him sleepily. "Up up" his voice still gravelly. Joseph's thoughts dispersed and he smiled, taking Aesop out of the bath. "Here." He said, giving Aesop his usual garment. He would've been the one to dress Aesop himself but he's invaded enough privacy he thinks; he didn't missed the small whining noise Aesop made though.

When Aesop came out with his Garment worn and Belt settled, all that was left was his hair. He took the ribbon Aesop frequently used and wrapped it around his hair, and to finish everything up, he took his own flower and slipped it in Aesop's hair. "Let us eat, Naib is waiting for you." Joseph said as he lead Aesop to the dining hall. The sleep that seemed to seep away from Aesop worried Jospeh to no end. He had an idea to combat this.

"Aesop, go ahead, I'll there by sparring." Joseph said as he left. Aesop sighed, and dragged himself to the dining hall. "Good morning." He said quietly as he sat by Naib's table. "Yo, still cant sleep 'Sop?" Naib asked, patting Aesop back as he ate in small tid bits. Aesop hummed. "What if you drink milk?" William suggested.