III

"I can't look at you in the same light. Knowing what you did my heart doesn't feel right. Yeah, my head's been tripping all night. I need another point of view."

- Daylight, 5 Seconds of Summer

"You!" I gasped, standing up, way too quickly and feeling the earth rush up to me once again, "You killed my brother, Ronan!"

Ryder stood up as well and steadied me at the shoulders, "I did not kill your brother. I was framed of doing so."

I pulled away from him aggressively, "Yeah, I totally believe your word against those of prestigious judges and members of my family!"

Ryder glared at me, "See? This is why I hate all of you Royals. You just believe everything you hear and are never willing to learn the truth."

"I don't believe you," I snapped, folding my arms across my chest and leaning against the wall so as not to fall from the weight of my head.

I couldn't believe it. I was standing in a house with a murderer!

"Well, it doesn't matter if you believe me or not," Ryder said as he picked up our glasses and my bowl, placing them in the sink, "I'm going back to sleep. My father should be here soon."

He turned to head back into the living room, leaving me stunned and frankly, afraid.

I peered out the curtained window in the kitchen. The sky was navy blue. I could easily sneak out now, knowing the layout of the house. I just had to make sure Ryder was asleep.

I didn't know what to do. Going back to the castle wasn't the most appealing idea, my father would lecture me and I would have to deal with my insufferable fiancée. I didn't have any friends in the village, so staying at someone else's place wasn't an option. All I knew was I couldn't stay, not with Ryder.

I had sat on the countertop for God knew how long. There wasn't a single clock in the entire house, and I hadn't caught sight of any phones either.

Speaking of, I was pretty sure that John had snatched my phone when I was in my drugged state. I would have to leave without it.

I looked out the kitchen window again. The sky was now a dark abyss. I missed seeing the stars, they were no longer visible due to all the pollution caused by the factories in the village and other cities.

I hadn't heard anything from Ryder, so he must've fallen into a deep sleep.

It was time for me to leave.

My head had, thankfully, stopped spinning for the most part.

I decided that I would probably need some weapon to defend myself. There were bound to be tons of people like John out at this time of night, and I doubted they would just leave me be in their homes.

I slowly pulled open a few drawers, finding a large butcher knife. I contemplated grabbing it but wasn't keen on carrying around something so sharp. Knowing myself, I'd probably accidentally drop the knife and sever my toe or something.

I continued to rummage through the kitchen as quietly as I could. I pulled open a cupboard.

Jackpot.

I had found a frying pan. I grabbed it and tucked it under my arm before slowly shutting the cupboard.

I cautiously stepped toward the living room, my boots making the slightest sounds as I walked.