IX

"Gonna bleach him out, peroxide on him, hair on the floor like a memory of him, now I feel brand new (that's right), this chick is over you." 

-Hair, Little Mix

I shut my eyes holding my breath. "You know, Ryder, maybe this isn't such a good idea."

"Calm down, I know what I'm doing, I'll do a better job than you at least," Ryder replied, stilling my head.

I opened my eyes, awaiting his next move. I threw him a glare when I realized that both of his eyes were closed.

"Why are you closing your eyes?" I gasped, flinching away from him.

Ryder's eyes flew open immediately, he sent me a sheepish smile, "Oh, sorry. I'm just a bit nervous."

"You're nervous?" I exclaimed in disbelief, inching away even further, "I'm getting someone who's never held a pair of scissors to cut my hair!"

Ryder stepped back, "I have used scissors before! Just not to cut someone's hair." 

I sighed, taking a deep breath, "Just screw it, go ahead. The worse it turns out the better the disguise. And knowing you it's gonna look like crap."

Ryder rolled his eyes sending me a playful glare before grasping a portion of my hair.

We had managed, in our soaking clothes, to head up the hill that lay beyond the shore, and hailed a ride. An old man, probably in his seventies, had stopped for us. He didn't question the soaked attire we had on, and graciously offered us a ride to Le Chateau claiming he was staying in a hotel nearby. 

Ryder had taken shotgun leaving me to sit in the backseat. 

From our fifty-feet fall, Ryder and I had miraculously kept our guns and my phone. But aside from that we had nothing. By the sound of the hotel, Le Chateau, it was bound to be expensive. And that worried me. We had no money, there was no way we'd be able to pay for one night much less anything else.

It was at that moment that I caught sight of a black leather wallet on the seat beside me. I looked up at the old man, making sure he wasn't looking before, with a lot of guilt, snatching a couple hundreds and tucking them into the waistband of my soaked jeans. From what I had found in the wallet, the old man seemed to be pretty wealthy. I silently prayed he wouldn't notice the few bills missing.

After about half an hour, the man dropped us at the main entrance to the hotel. Just by it's exterior I could immediately tell that it was a very high class hotel. One where guests probably walked about in suits and dresses. One where two young adults in soaked clothing would probably not be so welcomed.

I hoped that no one would recognize us, although I doubted it considering the horrid state we were in.

The lady at the front desk looked us up and down in disapproval. Clearly we were out of place. Too grimy and gross for such an exquisite hotel. Before I had attempted to explain our situation, another employee, a young man stepped in, asking Ryder and I if we were the couple who just got married and went skydiving, landing in a body of water.

I was about to deny it, but Ryder cut me off, claiming that we were, in fact, that couple. I shook my head at him in silent disapproval. He had thrown an arm around my waist and pecked the tip of my nose, in attempt to, what I assumed, express that we were in love and married.

Just look at us. Perfect newlyweds! Me a thief (sorry old man). Ryder a liar.

Immediately, the two of us were ushered into what was called the honeymoon sweet. I prepared myself to pull out the money I had stolen, but the employee was quick to mention that the room was prepaid for. He also informed us that meals were free and would be ready to serve at any time we preferred.