XX

I don't know why'd do this to me, you're so cold, you'd be playing like, yeah, I got told danger follows everywhere you go

-Personal, HRVY

"Edward?" My mother asked as she approached my cell. "What is going on over here?"

Edward dropped his hand from my shoulder, stepping a couple feet back. "I was just checking on Princess Diana. She appeared a bit ill, I just wanted to ensure she was okay."

My mother brushed past Edward, heading towards me. I watched as her brows furrowed and her forehead crinkled. "Well, if I had been stuck wearing the same skin-tight outfit for a week I'd be looking pretty ill as well! Where are her change of clothes? Her water? Food? Is this how you're treating all the prisoners?"

I was taken aback by her sudden concern. Where was it coming from?

"We were ordered to not worry about the sanitary needs of our prisoners. They get a new set of clothes every two weeks, Your Majesty." Edward nodded.

"That's outrageous!" She turned to me, grabbing my hand. "My dear, you need to come with me, right now. We must get you out of this hideous outfit!"

I didn't know what to say or how to protest as she pulled me away from my cell. I looked over my shoulder sending Edward a worried glance. He looked just as, if not even more, concerned for me.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I followed my mother past all the cells and the guards.

"To my room."

My heart rate quickened. She was going to kill me. No one was going to stop her. I tried to pull myself free from her steel-like grip on my arm, but she only tightened it further, leading me up the long winding staircase until we were in her and my father's bedroom.

"Where's Dad?" I asked, watching as she shoved me into the room, locking the door behind her.

She didn't answer my question, and without warning, pulled out a Swiss army knife, pointing it at me.

"What are you doing?" I protested, taking a step back. She took one towards me. I took another one back. This continued until I hit my back against the wall.

"Tell me, who helped you escape your cell? Was it Edward?" My mother demanded, leaning in close enough for me to smell what she'd had for breakfast. She held the blade at a dangerously small distance from my waist.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't left that place since you sent me there!" I protested.

Before I could react, she slapped me across the face. "Don't you dare lie to me, Diana. You are in no place to be testing my patience right now."

"I swear, I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Are you sure about that?" She asked, her words holding a lot of threat.

I carefully nodded my head, although my mind was going wild with thoughts. Could she know?

"I found this." My mother passed me a lengthy piece of string.

"What is this?" I questioned in confusion.

"A piece of your corset."

I tried to contain my shock, chewing on my lip and dropping my head. Crap. Crap. Crap.

"Look at me when I'm speaking to you!" My mother demanded, pulling my chin, using a finely manicured finger, to meet her gaze. "Who the hell helped you escape?"