1

"Are you sure about this?"

"Yes Princess" a young man's voice answer to the young lady across the round table. "I've seen this monster slaughter innocent people. His hands going through their bodies. Menacing green eyes that would give you nightmares."

"There has been some troubling news that citizens have been killed by a creature that fits your description, Shulk. A dark skin creature with tendrils with long wings.

"I know one monster that relates to this" a woman's voice said out of a voice box. A green light shine from a visor.

"This one isn't like him, Samus. This one is half human, half monster" Shulk told everyone.

"Dear goodness. How can we defeat such creature?" a slightly high feminine voice question.

"We can defeat this person. We specialize in monster hunting" an masculine voice announce to everyone.

"Simon. Richter. We can trust you two to stop this monster?" The young lady asked.

"Yes you can. We will bring justice to the person. We have a clue about a strange being in New Donk City."

A gasp came out of the high pitch lady. "Oh no. That's near Mushroom Kingdom. First, the stars disappearing and now this."

"No worries, Princess Peach. Simon and I conquer monsters like this. We just need to find who causing harm."

New Donk City

Metro Kingdom

The familiar ringing seep in my ears causing you to stir up from your slumber. Sitting up, a long yawn release from your mouth.

Another day protecting the city you love.

Getting out of your bed, you listen to the music of the city. The honking of the cars, citizens shouting either at each other or bands playing.

To others, it's annoying. To you, it was glorious.

Looking at your reflection in the slightly dirty mirror, you brush your messy (h/c) hair. Finishing clean up and getting dressed, you got out a container of shrimp lo mien from your slightly empty fridge and ate what little was left.

After eating breakfast, you got out of my apartment and start riding your bike to work. You love to enjoy the scenery of being in the city on a bike than being stuck in a car and traffic

New Donk City or the Metro Kingdom is your home, your kingdom. You're just a guy who does his best to protect it from people who dare decide to cause the city you love to cry.

Arriving at the NDCPD Building, you park my bike on the nearby light pole and enter the building.

(Y/N): Time to get this day started.

After changing into the NDCPD uniform in the locker room, you see your partner at the desk you two change, taking selfies instead of working.

Taking another one, you decide to do a photobomb, putting on a deadpan look. Twisting around her head, she looked at your disappointed face.

(Y/N): Messing around as usual, Baskins."

Baskins: At least I wasn't creeping around, (Y/N)."

Sophie Baskins is young woman who does her best to be a great Officer. Into her second year on the force, she has grown from her rookie year. The timidness and awkwardness was gone. If only her laziness was also gone.

(Y/N): Why aren't you at the meeting?"

Baskins: Chief had to go to the Mayor's Office. Didn't you hear what happen while we were asleep?

Handing you today's newspaper, you read the front page. "More people slain by strange monster."

I've heard about this mysterious creature. It's been making it's appearance around the Nintendo World. Usually it's been one person killed by the damn thing.

"Early today incident makes the most people it has killed. Four homeless people found dead...and dismembered."

Baskins: What kind of thing could do that?

You didn't answer her as I was thinking about this thing coming into my city and harming my people. You wanted to stop this monster before it could do more harm to innocent citizens.

Baskins: You're doing it again.

(Y/N): [Raising an eyebrow] "What?"

Baskins: The "I gotta be a hero" look. I get that you're New Donk City's favorite hero. Stopping criminals, saving babies, and earning medals. But, don't you dare try to go after this thing.

(Y/N): Sophie, I'm not the hero of the city. All the officers are the heroes. We're not the only ones. Firefighters, First Responsers, etc. that thing will still be out there. Who's going to stop it? Mario and his scary ass brother, Luigi? They got their own Kingdom and Princess to deal with. Someone has-

Operator: NDCPD report! We got a 10-30-B. Armed with civilians. Anybody copy?

You grabbed the mic of my radio.

(Y/N): Officers (L/N) and Officer Baskins on the way. Is there anyone hurt, copy?

Operator: No. Good thing you're coming. The robbers are asking for you.

No time to think about what the responder said. You and your partner grabbed your stuff, got in a police car and head to the New Donk City Bank.

Thinking about the last thing the operator said, what did the robbers want with you? you may be know around the city, but getting innocent people involve to get my attention.

If they don't harm them, they can have you. But one causality and you were going to make them pay.

-RB-

Hello everyone. This is a test for the new format on Nergal as well as my other story, The Red Mask. I hope you enjoy and if you want me to continue with this, I will.

Nergal that stars my OC, Waylon Kaine is still up. You can read it here. I made a lot of mistakes. That's what happens when you write at work without a clear mind. You can read it here.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/182029191-nergal-nintendoverse-fanfiction