7

-New Donk Police Department-

The Department was busy. Of course it is. They were on the hunt for one of their best Officer.

As it was busy, it gave Y/n time to sneak around to the locker room and pick up some things from my locker.

Opening up, he found out that his uniform was gone and the rest of his belongings.

All except for one. A picture of him and Sophie at the Police Academy when they met for the first time.

It gave him an idea.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Hell yeah."

Walking out of the locker room with no one noticing that Sophie walked out.

Without being detected, he well, she made her way to security guard area.

A skinny male wearing glasses and a brown hair in a frohawk was playing a game on his phone. His name tag said Elmo.

"Sounds like a puppet's name."

Y/n: Excuse me?

Elmo: Oh Ms. Baskins. Wh-wha-what can I do for you?

Y/n: I was sent here by the Chief about getting a copy of the footage about last night's incident with Y/n.

Elmo: Oh okay. Let me just fix this up. Elmo said, typing on the keyboard.

After a few seconds, the two watch the tape footage. The former Officer was astonished on what happen when he was gone. He was fame for something he didn't do.

Elmo copy some of the footage in different location on a CD and gave to me.

Y/n: Thank you so much, Elmo.

Elmo: You're welcome, Ms. Baskins.
Um, I got a question?

Y/n: You just did, kid.

The Officer laughed. It seem like something Sophie would say in her jokely manner.

Y/n: Go ahead.

Elmo: Hehe. Do you think...Y/n really did this? It doesn't seem like him. An-and...if he...did...why would he? What have we done to him to do this?

(Con't) We honor him for his heroic deeds. Waylon loved his job, did charity work. For him to kill innocent people and officers...just bothers me.

Hearing the concern of Elmo's belief in innocence of Y/n. He is probably the only one who thinks that I wasn't the murder from last night.

Y/n: 'Maybe the real Baskins thinks I'm innocent. The Mayor? Nah, Pauline may join the public hysteria and want my head on a wooden spike.

(Con't) 'I should've went to jail...'

Nergal had a different thought.

"If you went to jail, you would've suffer the same fate like the bank robbers."

Y/n: Elmo...I believe he's innocent. We live in a world that we seen turtle-dragon creatures invade here. I heard that it took every officer here to stop him from battling Bowser.

Y/n laughed as he remember he wanted to take on that reptilian bastard if The Chief didn't threat of kicking me off the force.

"We would've taken him on."

Y/n: Y/n would do some much for New Donk. I was even surprised about the news and heard what happen to Diego. I...believe his innocent. He will receive hate for what he's done until proven innocent.