10

Moments before Y/n's death
New Donk City Town Hall

The Mayor's Dinner Party was going well for the Officers, Firefighters, and First Responders.

But some people weren't as happy as the others.

Baskins in a pink and black sleeveless dress stood at the far corner of the room, watching everyone conversant with one another.

She was heartbroken. How could her partner, a man of the people, someone the city admire turn out to be murderous creature.

F/n L/n was loved by the people. He would do so much for the city, it was strange to do a crime, especially murdering homeless people and officers.

He wasn't a heartless man...or was he?

With a headache on the rise, the Officer walk past her colleagues and others towards the outdoor balcony for some fresh air.

Once outside, she lean her arms on the stone barrier. Reaching in her bra, she pull out a pack of cigarettes. Taking a stick out, she light it up.

???: Any chance I can get a smoke?

Turning her head, Baskins saw Mayor Pauline in a beautiful red dress with her signature hat. Her expression was exhausting from dealing with everyone in the party.

Baskins: Mayor Pauline, I didn't know you smoke.

Pauline: Only when I'm stressed. I make sure I try not to make it a habit.

Baskins: So...during Election Season?

The Mayor nodded, chuckling as the Officer hands her a cigarette and light it. Taking a puff, a sigh seep out of Pauline's mouth along with the smoke.

Pauline: You're not enjoying the party?

Baskins: How can I? My partner is a murderous creature. Hey, let's party! What about you?

Pauline: Hearing Gov. Rover kissing my ass while losing his mind about
F/n L/n being out in the city. He's going to be a "joy" to deal with later this year.

Baskins roll her eyes at the mention of the Governor. Calling her friend a monster ticked her off and she fought the urge to punch his ugly hair off so she could keep her job.

Baskins: You got my vote, Mayor.

Pauline: Hehe thanks. I know you're thinking about him. You're not alone. Something just don't sit right with this. Y/n is...ugh, I don't know.

(Con't) I just wish that this person was some evil clone of him and the real
Y/n is tied up in the basement. Wishful thinking and very weird you may say. But it's better than keep thinking that he's really this murderous...thing.

Baskins: I was hoping the same thing. Well, something like that. I'm just wishing that he really isn't this monster. I don't even know what to think if he is the monster. He's my partner, my friend. I can't forgive him for the lives he's taken.

The Mayor felt the hurt tone in Baskins' voice. She would be devastated if the Officer was the monster. He was the heart that kept the city beating and he does these horrible things to the people?

Putting her cigarette out, Baskins turn to look at the party. There was a man in a white lab coat in black glasses and black dress pants.

 There was a man in a white lab coat in black glasses and black dress pants