14

The Next Day

After the fiasco that happened at the Science Expo last night got the Music Festival cancelled.

There was no sign of Y/n or the Nergaling who was trying to bring more of it's kind to New Donk City and the Nintendoverse to hurt the citizens and take their revenge upon this world.

The Smash Council help the cops to find the two Nergaling all night and day but no sign of them. Gov. Rover who had a nice shiner on his right eye wanted the cops to find the former Cop who punched him and have him arrested.

As for Mayor Pauline, she looked out the window of her office, seeing the citizens move on with their day. She was worried if the evil Nergaling was dead or Y/n was dead.

The Smash Council went back to their ship as there was no sign of the two Nergalings. They were tired from the long night of search for two, they went to talk to Princess Zelda.

Zelda: How are we going to know who survived?

Fox: If Y/n is as brave as I hear he is, he would do everything it takes to stop that thing.

Falco: Bravery and stupidity are too different things. There was no sign of both of them except burn marks from the top sections of the Convention Center. It can be anyone of them.

Thinking about the burn marks, there was only one thing to make those marks, Samus remember that Y/n grabbed a couple of the molotovs Simon toss up. The Cop was the one that knew it was fire that the creature's weakness.

Samus: I believe he's alive. He's a hard person to keep down. We all would know.

Simon: We couldn't keep him down. But with something like his kind to face, he may have met his match.

Zelda: Okay Smashers. Your orders are to stay at New Donk City to make sure there is signs of one of them or any that came out of the teleporter. Samus, Simon, Richter, come back to the Smash Academy.

The Three: Yes, Princess.

The video call went off, a growl release out of the mouth of the Bounty Hunter.

Samus: We're grounded...

-N-

News Reporter: After last nights collision at the fair, citizens are to stay home tonight, due to no signs of the arrested cop, F/n L/n or the creature who posed as Dr. Rodgers. Orders from Mayor Pauline.

(Con't) Wait...wait a moment. I do have breaking news. We are being told that one of the people is here.

Changing appearances, the reporter turn into Y/n in his SWAT uniform from last night. He raised his arms up, making sure he wasn't harming any of the news crew.

Y/n: Don't worry, don't worry. I'm not going to hurt anyone. I'm here to talk to the lovely people of New Donk City.

(Con't) Hello everyone...I know things haven't been the best these past days. I apologize to all of you who had to live in fear.

(Con't) An incident at the Police Department happen where someone posed as me killed Police Officers and the bank robbers. The Imposter also killed other citizens in different places before arriving here.

(Con't) Last night, imposing as Dr. Rodgers, it tried to use the teleportation machine created by the original Rodgers to bring more of it's kind here to harm this world and everyone in it.

(Con't) The Smash Council and myself protect the citizens as well stop the imposter monster.

(Con't) The past days, I learn something about myself that I didn't know for a long time and my life here has drastically changed. Some for the worse and some for the good. I'm sorry to my former partner for the damage I caused. To my current partner, the Mayor, the Governor, all of who witness my fallout with the members of the Smash Council at the First Responders Banquet.

(Con't) I know I'm not welcomed anywhere here in the city. You all think I'm a monster who harm people. I may be a monster, but I do not harm innocent people. You can sleep easy.

(Con't) Lastly...for those Nergalings who walk amongst us. Those who want to harm anyone of the Nintendoverse. There is one of you who will defend this world. One who took one of you down and is not afraid to take more of you who dare to kill the citizens. This city has a protector and I'm it. You got to go through me to get to these people and this city. If we cross paths...

Nergal/Y/n: We will stop you.

-N-

After the cameras went off and he waved the reporters away, Y/n swing off to the tallest building in the city, looking down below as the sun begin to set.

"So...what to do? How are we going to find another Nergaling?"

Y/n: It'll show up. They know we're looking for them.

"What about the Smash Council? They may not like how we're roaming free."

Y/n: They know there's a bigger threat on the surface. Either they come after us or them. We're just wait and see who they want to stop. But I did swipe this from Richter when we fought.

Reaching in the pocket of the hoodie, Y/n took out a small orb of liquid that glowed green.

"Guessing that's how they tracked us."

Y/n: Yeah. Handy for creatures using shapeshifting.

The sun set down for the day and the stars came to shine, even though the lights of the buildings of the city shine brighter.

Catching his sights on the flashing red and blue lights as a high speed chase happening on the streets.

Y/n: Until then...

"You read my mind."

Leaping down the building, the Nergaling skin attached all over Y/n body and clothes as tendrils sprung out and wrap around light pole, swinging to the scene.

-N-

Damien Diego shook his head after the news with his former partner on it. He was disgusted at the mess that came out of the mouth after what he did.

Diego: Bullshit. I'm sitting in a damn wheelchair while his ass is out here playing hero. He ruin my life and what he get? Nothing!

???: Maybe we can change that.

Recognizing the voice, the former SWAT Captain turn his wheelchair around to see Gov. Rover at the door.

Diego: Governor Rover, what are you doing here?

Rover: To talk to a real hero. I'm here to talk to you.

Diego: Hero, huh? Why don't use talk Y/n, that monstrosity.

Rover: Because he's the real problem. Why did this happen? Because of Y/n. Now, there's a chance that there's more like him in this city, disguise as us. I seen the creatures, they're huge and terrifying. If there's one thing I know, us humans need to win this battle.

Diego: How are we going to do that?

Rover: By taking out the source of the problem. I believe you would love to get your revenge on the person who put you in this wheelchair. But first, baby steps...

The End?

-RB-

I want to talk you for being patient with me. I hope you enjoy this story. Thank you for the views. Take care and have a great day