Jaspers Journal

You sat with your head against the bathroom wall, Mabel came in with some water and a towel for your face. You had been throwing up since the early hours of the morning and you felt awful. You had promised the twins that you and Dipper would take them both fishing with Stan for the day but now you were throwing up everything you ate or smelt. 
"They'll understand." Mabel said sitting down on the opposite side of the floor and looking at you, you opened your eyes to look at her. 
"Well Dipper can still take them. I'll help you and Robbie with the house, it's almost finished anyway." You said taking a sip of water and leaning your head back against the cool tiles. 

Jasper came running into the living room, you were laid on the sofa watching TV with Stan while the twins got ready for the lake trip. 
"Mum! Look." Dipper came in with Jasper and smiled at you, you looked at the journal that Jasper was holding, you took it out of his hands and looked at the top. On the front was a Star with the number one in the middle. 
"I want to be just like you and daddy! Brave! Kind!" He started running around and kicking the air. 
"And beating up bad guys." You started laughing and Dipper came over kissing the top of your head and grabbing his bag. 
"I'll ring you on our way back." He whispered kissing you on the lips gaining some giping from the twins who ran away as soon as Dipper looked up at them. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dad we've been here for hours!" Jessica whined looking in the water and running her fingers through it, pulling them back when a fish touched her hand. 
"It's boring." She groaned, Jasper was having fun and was watching some fish when he got caught on something, the boat rocked. 
"Pull it in." Stan yelled, rushing over and helping Jasper with the fishing rod. 
"Wait!" Jessica screamed rushing to the side and looking out into the water. 
"Daddy! Daddy! It's a mermaid." Dipper took the binoculars from the hook and had a look into the water 

And sure enough there was a mermaid attached the the fishing hook and struggling around. 
"Jasper, stop pulling!" Jessica screamed trying to get her brother to drop the fishing pole, Stan went over to the motor, turning it on and driving over to the mermaid, Jasper dropped the road grabbing his camera and snapping a few photos. She was beautiful, she had red hair with a pink full fringe, her whole body was green and her scale was a bright purple colour. 
"Hi." Jessica said getting off the boat and onto the little hill where the mermaid was sitting, it hissed at Dipper as he tried to get off the boat. 
"It's okay...I'm trying to help." Jessica said, she unhooked the hook from her neck and throwing it back to the boat. 
"What's your name?" The mermaid opened her mouth to answer when Jasper took another photo, but with the flash. The mermaid hissed jumping into the water and taking Jessica with her. 
"Jess!" Dipper screamed taking off his jacket and jumping into the water and swimming after them, Jessica was being held above water while the mermaid jumped in and out swimming towards as cave in the lake. 

"Dip." Stan said following him on the boat, and parking it by the bay next to the cave. 
"Jasper, stay here with Grunkle Stan. Don't follow me in." He started swimming off again and Jasper shook off his jacket diving into the water and following him anyway. 
"Like father like Son." 

Jasper and Dipper hid behind a rock as Jessica was sat with three mermaids, her hair was being braided and they were singing together. They didn't look like they were planning on hurting her. 
"Dad, they hate flash photography...but we need to figure out how to make that work to our advantage." He pulled out a camera and a mirror from Jessicas bag and smiling. 
"We can aim it just right and hope to get her." Dipper sighed. 
"We can't just hope Jasper, we have to get your sister safe. Or your mother will kill me." Jasper smirked going into the bag again and pulling out some make up. 
"They like girls." Jasper said pulling off his dad's hat, Dipper's hair fell down, it was down to his shoulders at this point.
"You can't be serious." The lipstick and foundation was put into his arms and Jasper smiled. 
"You'll make a great girl."

Dipper walked over to Jessica, seemingly undetected by the mermaids, Jessica looked at her dad and smiled.
"You look great." She whispered, she stood up walking over to him, she climbed up onto his back slowly, the mermaids just looked confused as he started walking away back over to the rock he had walked out from behind. Just as they got there, Jasper came into view and the mermaids began hissing once again, he snapped more photos with the flash on distracting them so that they could all run back to the boat.

Stan chuckled speeding off with the three panting on the deck as the boat was being chased by four mermaids, all of them hissing as they jumped out of the water. 

Stan parked on the docks running off with Jessica on his back and Jasper on Dippers back, they got onto the land and looked back at the water. The mermaids were gone, Dipper fell onto the floor and started breathing heavily. 
"No one tells your mother about me in make up." He chuckled laying down on the floor and looking at Jasper who was writing quickly in his journal and chuckling to himself. 
"Dad." Dipper looked up again and a flash went off, Jasper had taken a photo to add to his journal beside the mermaids photo 

"Eventful day?" You asked as Dipper sat down next to you, you stared at his face as he spoke about the day and how they'd ran into mermaids. 
"How'd you get Jessica back?" You asked with a smirk on your lips, you laid your head down on his lap and looked up at him.
"Flash photography." He lied, looking down at you and planting a kiss on your lips.
"So er," You licked your thumb running it along the lipstick mark on his lip line. 
"What's this?" You asked laughing and looking at Jasper who was showing you the photo, you burst into laughter, before stopping and rushing off to the bathroom leaving Dipper laughing this time. 
"Karma!" He yelled 

A/N: This chapter is really short and gross, but I needed it for the storyline :) No new chapter tomorrow or Monday because I have doctors with my baby and tomorrow is family day :D Love you all