~3~ We're Freaks & We're Proud

"It was really polite of you to invite me over for dinner tonight Miss Byers."

"Oh please...Y/N, just call me Joyce."

I met Bob, her boyfriend about five minutes ago and he seems like a pretty chill dude. Funny too. I heard about what happened to Joyce's husband and I despise the fucker. But Bob makes her happy. And that's nice to see. He also seems like he would be a good guy for Will to be around as I can tell the difference with how he and Joyce treat Will.

"Well put the future down and get me a clean bowl." 

I laugh as Bob puts down the camera to require for her task. I look down the hall and notice that Will isn't in the lounge. Jonathan wanted me to talk to Will more, maybe he's in his room.

"What are you working on?" I hear Jonathan's voice ask.

"Zombie Boy? Who's Zombie Boy?"

"Me."

"Did someone call you that?"

"Hey...You can talk to me. You know that, right? Whatever happened. Will, come on, talk to me."

"Stop treating me like that!"

I back up slightly. Maybe it's not a good idea to listen in on the conversation but...shit okay.

"What? Like What?"

"Like everyone else does! Like there's something wrong with me!"

I decide to try and break up what could be emerging of a fight so I knock on the frame of the door. Both boys turn in that direction as I poke my head through.

"Hey Will! I thought I could check up on you since I only met you the other day...for like, one hour."

He seems distressed. Both of them do.

Zombie Boy.

Will sighs and puts his drawing on his bed.

"What are you talking about?" Jonathan tries to bring the conversation back up. Problem is, I'm not good with resolving specific arguments.

"Mom, Dustin, Lucas, Everyone. They all treat me like I'm gonna break. Like I'm a baby. Like I can't handle things on my own."

I frown as Will pauses. Poor Will. There's probably more to it than what Jonathan told me but I can't shake the fact that Will is feeling overwhelmed. Not emotionally but because of the feeling like he's being treated childishly, maybe even delicate.

"It doesn't help. It just makes me feel like more of a freak." Will states.

"You're not a freak." I say.

"Yeah, I am." Will turns to me.

"I am." Will says turning to Jonathan.

The room is filled with silence as Will goes back to his drawing. Jonathan looks toward me and I cross my arms.

I have to do something!

"Yeah, you are a freak, Will."

He looks up and Jonathan gives me a look of shock. "What?"

"Because I'm a freak too."

I go in his room and Jonathan moves over so I can still on the bed with him.

"She's serious. You are a freak. She's a freak."

"This guy's a freak." I say putting my hand on Jonathan's shoulder. Jonathan gives me a weird look which I can tell Will tries to hold in a laugh.