~21~ Asshole Dad Console W/ Billy

I feel myself wake up in the bed with an arm draped around my waist. It's warm, a protective feeling to it. I tiredly turn around to face Steve beside me in the bed. I smile gently seeing his peaceful sleeping face and bed hair in the morning.

He ended up taking his jacket and shirt that night while I took off my shirt but had a tank top underneath. He had put the jacket on me to stay warm and we both had our pants still. I leave my head laying on the pillow as I trace shapes boredly as the sun merely shines through the cracks of the curtain.

There's a bit of noise in the background of the house like voices or cluttering but I don't decide to pay any attention to it. Steve's eyes flutter open and I look up at him.

"Morning." He croaks out.

As a good morning, I move my head up and peck his cheek, wrapping his arms around his neck. He smiles and goes and kisses my forehead. As the two of us begin to slowly wake up a bit more, we begin to hear and understand the voices and cluttering.

"Leave her be!"

That was Billy..?

"Oh, so last time I checked you and Y/n did not get along."

My eyes widen. Dad.

"And you. You HATED Steve! You beat him up and now suddenly you want me to hold back from telling her what's good for her?"

Steve's eyes widen and looks in my direction. Shit. Mom & Dad must've come into my room.

"No...No! That's not it!"

"Then what is it, Billy?!"

"Quick. Get under the bed. And whatever you do. DO NOT. Stand up for me." I whisper. He nods his head hesitantly and quickly pulls his jacket off me, grabs his shirt and rolls under the bed.

The door bursts open and Dad comes into the room with what seems to be Billy...trying to stop him.

"H-Hi Dad." I wave nervously.

He furrows his eyes and peers around.

"Where is he?" He asks lowly.

"He left this morning." I respond. Billy glances at me, with anxious eyes.

"Don't lie to me misfortune."

Misfortune was a nickname he gave me. This father of ours has always been rough. He hated me the most. Because I'm a girl...I'm not the favorite child.

"Dad..." Billy tries.

"I'm not lying." I raise my voice a little.

Dad walks up to me and Billy steps into the room. I back up and into the wardrobe where he stares at me close inches away.

I huff. "Y-You can't lay a finger on me."

He suddenly grabs my wrist and holds it against the door. I gasp. Steve stares wide-eyed from under the bed but I mouth a no to him.

"I may not lay a finger on you. But a whole hand."

"Dad. Let her go!" Billy growls.

"First Max and you went missing, when Billy wanted to go on a date with a fucking whore."

His words are toxic which makes both me and Billy quiver with disgrace.

"Then I see you, sleeping with a boy."

"We didn't sleep together!" I protest.

I hear the air break as a slap is used across my face. Steve squints and looks away. My cheek burns and Billy gives me wide eyes.