~10~ Uh Oh

I groan slightly, my waist hurting. I open my eyes slightly.

God...how much did I drink last night? What'd we even do?

I look down at myself. Oh no.

Sleeping in Steve's bed...his arm draped around my waist...my waist hurts...I'm wearing one of his shirts.

Shit. Oh my God. He did more than kiss me last night.

I try to move around but Steve has his head on my shoulder. I can barely remember last night. Jesus.

What if he wanted to get with me because that's what he thinks Jonathan's done to Nancy?

Sure enough, I see the condom in the garbage. ARGH!!!

I feel him kiss my neck. "Morning..."

I pull away from the bed and he lifts his head up confused.

"You used me didn't you!?"

"What?" He asks.

I sigh, groaning. "What'd we do last night?"

"You were drunk, I was drunk. I remember carrying you to my room. And we went to sleep."

"We went to sleep or slept together?" I ask.

"No...I don't think we..."

"Then why is there a condom in a garbage!?"

His eyes widen and he quickly gets up, pulling the shirt low. "Y/N-"

"NO! You used me when I was drunk, because you're still sad about Nancy!!"

I feel his eyes soften into such a sad look, like his heart is breaking then and there.

"Please, let me explain."

"No Steve!" I whimper.

"You didn't do that because you love me, because you don't! Jonathan must've gotten with Nancy and you got with me to, I don't know! Two can play at that game or see if it fills the void in your heart."

"You don't love me?"

I suddenly stop what I'm saying as Steve is about to break. I feel my throat close up. Tears sting my eyes.

"You don't love me! You love Nancy!" I scream.

I grab my jeans and undergarments from the floor and run. "Y/N WAIT!!"

I throw them on and grab my shirt from the kitchen.

"PLEASE!!" I hear his voice beg. I let out a cry as I burst through the front door, throwing on my shoes and my shirt. I need to run back home! Billy and Max better not be there!

* * *

I park my motorcycle nearby the Arcade and flip my head left right and center. I hope I'm here at the right time. Question is, where's Max? I step into the main place and look around. I take a deep breath feeling my neck. My eyes widen.

Is that a fucking hickey!?

Shit, shit shit! Bruises aren't as bad but if Billy sees me with this, he'll go straight to Harrington! I need to cover it before Billy sees me!

A guy with a big of chips walks away from the Employees Only room and I stare at it confused.

Holy shit. I can hear Lucas' and Max's voice in there. Lucas must've instigated it. This is none of my business. And only God knows how long they'll take.

I quickly hop on my motorbike and throw on my helmet. Maybe there will be stuff at home I can cover it then I'll go from there. I zoom off loudly, wizzing in the streets then the forest. I pull into our driveway and notice Billy's car isn't home. Sweet!

I park the bike and swing out the keys. I unlock the door and go to Mom's room.

"Sorry about this mom but I need to do this." I mutter under my breath.

I grab the foundation and aply it to my neck. Any other mini red spots I apply the foundation to. I hear the doorbell ring and I sigh.

I ignore it and wrap a nice and cozy scarf around my neck. The door bell keeps ringing and I growl under my breath.

"NOT INTERESTED!!"

"Y/N! It's me, Dustin!"

My eyes widen for a moment. Dustin? 

I walk toward the door and pull it open. He stares at me anxiously. "How do you know where I live?"

"How come you live with Max? And what's with the scarf."

"She's my step-sister and she isn't here."

"Fuck." He groans.

"The scarf isn't a big concern. I'm just...cold. That's all." 

He doesn't answer me but he seems destressed.

"What's the matter Dustin? Can I help? Where's Mike and Will?"

"Mike's stayed over at Will's place for the day but yeah. I got a Code Red, it's about Dart."

"Isn't Code Red for like...Walkie-Talkies and radios?" I ask confused.

"Well, Mike didn't give you one so it's not like you could answer." He shrugs.

I sigh, shaking my head. "On a scale from 1-10-"

"It's 10 okay? Really bad, Dart grew massive and he's eaten my cat."

I swear I nearly feel like my eyes explode from my head.

"Excuse me?!"

"You're the only one that seems like that could help right now so let's go!"

I quickly shut the door behind me and lock it. Dustin picks up his bike just as Steve's car comes up near the driveway. I feel my heart sink.

Fuck.

I take a deep breath. What the hell is he trying to do? 

He runs his hand through his hair as he steps away from the car, showing red flowers in hand. He's talking to himself but still. I feel my heart pound and I look away.

"Y/N? Are you okay?"

Dustin turns away from me and sees Steve walking to the house.

"Steve."

He looks up, staring at me first then Dustin.

"Are those for Max, Billie or Miss Mayfield?" He asks walking up to him.

Of all the names, he misses the one...

"No." He says confused.

"Good." Dustin snatches it out of his hands which catches him off guard.

"Hey! What the hell? Hey!" Steve barks annoyed.

"Y/N's the only one home."

Steve looks toward me but I avoid eye contact. He sighs and picks up one little red flower.

"We have bigger problems than your love life Steve." Dustin says as he walks toward the car. 

If only he knew...

"Do you still have that bat?" Dustin asks.

"Bat? What bat?" I ask him.

"Steve has a bat with nails in it."

"Why?" Steve asks raising his arms confused.

"I'll explain it on the way. Both of you, get in." Dustin orders.

I give him a confused look. But this is Dustin's idea and not Steve's so I quickly race to the backseat.

"Now?"

"NOW!"

( Sorry this chapter was short but I didn't know how else to write it forward. )