~7~ Speak To Max

"I can explain."

"Then explain." He growls putting the journal down on the table.

"Before you ask, Nancy didn't tell me."

"Good."

I take a deep breath. "Jonathan was a childhood friend of mine. When I was a kid, I was his neighbor. It was before Will was born. I left Hawkins before he was. But I kept in contact with Jonathan through the phone. Earlier last year, I heard something was happening in Hawkins and I got scared. So I called Jonathan from the city. He told me Will went missing. But nothing more."

His face softens a little and he becomes less tense. "I did research about what was going on. Such as the girl Eleven, the Upside Down, Demogorgon, your damage to the cinema sign and marking it with spray paint, the flashing lights that Will was able to speak through and that showed if the monster was nearby. That's...in a nutshell how I learned about it."

He nods silently. "So you know more than what I thought."

"I told you in the beginning that I did."

He looks down at the journal the puts a hand on his face. "I'm sorry. That wasn't my property to go through."

I cross my arms and huff. "I forgive you but don't go through my journal again or you won't get it off easy at all!"

"I know, I know."

He removes his hand from his face. "But now we've got another problem. Not only do you know about Will and his episodes. But apparently according to Dustin, he's got a little creature closed up and I believe it has something to do with the Upside Down and maybe even Will's episodes."

"How do you know?" I ask.

"Because Dustin talked to me the other day. Talking about...his discovery. He called it Dart, or some stupid name like that."

I nod and put the journal away. "I'll talk to Max and see what I can do."

"Good, okay." 

He sighs. "I wish you weren't involved in this. But you know what's going on and it might be too dangerous to leave you out of it."

I puff up my chest. "I'll be fine Steve. I know what to do."

He smirks and I turn to zip up my bag. "Hey, Y/N?"

"Yeah?" I ask turning to him.

He gives me a strange look, taking a deep breath in.

"Steve, if you wanna say-"

I gasp and trip up on a wire that's left on the ground. I trip up over it and Steve's eyes widen. I grunt as I land into him, suddenly so embarrassed.

"I'm so sorry!" 

"Whoa, whoa, it's okay. You tripped, that's all." He reassures.

I put my hands on my face embarrassed. He removes my hands from my face and looks down at me. He's blushing just as much as I am and I notice I'm leaning against him.

"I-I'm sorry." I stammer.

"You tripped. It's okay." He says in a hushed whisper.

I look up to Steve who stares down at me. His face gets a little bit closer to me and I feel my hand inlock with his. I wanna say something, but my voice is gone and I can't. My breath is taken away from me as I stare into his brown orbs.

His face is inches away from mine and I can hear his gentle breathing and paced heartbeat. My heart beats in my chest, our lips are inches away from each other. It feels like time has stopped, and it's only me and him.