~19~ One Month Later...

It's a weird world. In an old time. Dealing with monsters. We never thought we'd see. Being in problems, we never imaged to complete. Fighting with strengths we never thought we had, tapping into dimensions we didn't know exist.

Fate has a place for all of us whether we like it or not. Knowing that our time will be up one day is something some of us are too afraid to admit. So that's why...we have others by our side. To live out the days. Of being lonely. And afraid of the dark. People we call our friends.

Who will always stay by our side.

...

..

.

!

"Y/n?"

I open my eyes slightly, forcing them open.

"Steve?" I croak my voice out. I hear him gasp, chuckling before others softly laugh as well.

"Oh thank God she's okay!"

"Max?"

I open my eyes, looking around. Steve, Max, and Dustin. Those are the three that are here. I look to my shoulder, suddenly remembering that traumatizing fear of being attacked. It's banaged. So are my arms, legs, and waist as I wear the hospital gown.

"God." I groan rubbing my head. "What happened?"

"Eleven saved us." Dustin grins.

"El shut the gate, and killed all of the demo dogs, that monster won't hurt us anymore. Will is free from the Mind Flayer and he's still recovering to be like his normal self. We burned out the place but when you got attacked, Steve rescued you and instantly brought you to an ambulance."

I'm...I...I'm alive. I lived.

"But...I thought I...would've died for sure."

I look up to Steve who winks at me. "Your wounds were fatal yeah. You've been unconscious for a whole month now. I'm glad I saved you Y/n."

My eyes widen and I open my mouth to question him when I feel him take his hand in mine. He smiles down at me and tightens his grip on my hand a little bit. Steve is sitting beside me so he leans close to me.

"I was scared of losing you. You're so special to me." He whispers before giving me a small kiss on the cheek. His wounds and bruises have also cleared up which I'm really happy about now. God.

I guess the battle is over. Hawkins is free.

"Oh. By the way. Hawkins laboratory has been completely closed off from everyone now and is now a Restricted Area. From Police." Max comments.

"I guess there'll be no more to deal with the Upside Down then."

"Hopefully." Steve nods.

"Hey..." I whine. "When can I get outta here?"

"You only just woke up." Dustin laughs.

"And?" I pout.

"I wanna check up on everyone! Jonathan, Will, Mike, Lucas, Joyce, Nancy, everyone. Did...Billy ever visit?"

"Billy visited the most surprising." Max says.

Oh.

"Steve was the second most, of course, the visit. Pretty much spending some nights here." Dustin smirks. I see Steve blush and look away.

"Billy still wasn't happy with Steve but both of them didn't fight at all. Thank god." Max says crossing her arms.

"Well, I'm not gonna put another fight up with Billy in a hospital room. He seemed sad to think you could've died but he still seemed stuck up like usual." Steve grunts.